Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an Eclipse CD3200 and I'm trying to hook up my factory controls. I purchased the SWI-ECL2 and I'm having no luck with it. I can't even get the controller to program. What am I doing wrong?

I hooked up the red/black to the positive/negative on the car. I can get it to turn on, enter programming mode, but then it won't pick up the signals from the steering wheel controls.

Any ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was just checking that out on crutchfield and it says it's not compatible with my 2006 3s Touring non bose 6 spkr. Sorry if I just gave you crappy news. Let me know how it works out, I need a wheel kit.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the pac-audio.com site it says it is. The part that's misleading is that it says to connect the white wire to pin 9 of the 24 pin connector. There's two white wires. On the 24 pin connector pin 9 is already connected to something on my head unit. So... I'm not quite sure what needs to happen. There has to be a way of keeping the controls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well..i might have some helpful info...

check out the wiring harness that you got with your stereo and make sure that there are pins in the proper place for pins 9 and 10 of the harness.

when i got my harness and installed yesterday..i had to REMOVE the two pins/wires from the one side of the plug and put them where PIN 9 and 10 are supposed to be located. after that...i was able to get the unit programmed.

also..MAKE SURE YOU ATTACH PIN 10 to ground. its necessary for it to work. (on another note...after rearranging the pins in the harness..i still found that I was using pin 10 to go to the swi interface unit and pin 9 was going to ground)...so if you still dont have any luck..try switching pin 9 and 10 (10 to white wire...9 to ground)..
if you have a voltmeter..you can check the white wire and see that it reads slightly different for each button pressed.
then you know which wire to use...

hope that helps..
this was a PAIN in my butt...but after figuring out that the harness was messed up...it was a bit easier.

(also for my kenwood head unit...i had to use the audio jack looking cable (not the blue/yellow wire like they said)

ive included a picture showing where the pins WERE located on the harness when i got it (circled) and the arrows showed where I moved them to..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That helps, hopefully sometime this week I can find some time take the HU out and try this method out. I'll keep you guys posted with how it goes. I'll also have to pick up a voltmeter this week too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts