Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one made for the 3? I am speaking of the pods that are molded into the plastic cover right behind the steering wheel.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I haven't seen anyone with it but they do make gauge pods that fit in your driver's side circle vent. (it looks good and still vents, but can cause glare on the window and the steering wheel gets in the way of looking at it, at leat for me.) I actually think a molded in one on the steering coloumn cover would look and function good--someone sould get to making them if they don't allready exist.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, I have seen the one for the vent and wasn't too fond of it. There was someone on another mazda site(i think for a cx-7?) that was making pods that fit the defrost vent that looked pretty good.

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Vent pod ftw. I don't know if the guy who makes them is still around, but I love mine. Its perfect and looks damn near OEM.

·
Registered
514 Posts
[quote author=Galvatron link=topic=140305.msg3024665#msg3024665 date=1238347899]
Vent pod ftw. I don't know if the guy who makes them is still around, but I love mine. Its perfect and looks damn near OEM.
[/quote]

+1000

I have the same one. It is freakin' CLEAN. Best spot for a single gauge IMO. I'll post a pic soon.

Oh BTW, here's his email. See if he still makes them: [email protected]

·
Registered
982 Posts
i voted against the vent pod as i live in south florida and cherish my A/C year round. :)

instead i did this:

the cup was $20 and we used some self tapping short screws to mount to column. it's very sturdy. the wires then run back behind the steering column.

the only view obstruction i have is my odometer, which isn't important to me. :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's almost exactly what I have right now but I don't like the look of the exposed screws.

Also where are you at in south Florida? I hope to be moving there by summer next year. If it were up to me I'd be in Miami or the Keys, but we'll probably end up a little further north.

·
Registered
982 Posts
just ignore the screws. :D i looked all over for a pod that wrapped around the column but came up empty. you could fiberglass your own?

i actually used to live in kansas city - about a year ago.

i live in boca raton, which is by ft lauderdale.

you do NOT want to live in miami or the keys...trust me.

shoot for broward or north.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Broward county is more than likely where we will end up. Possibly somewhere along space coast as well, but nothing is for sure yet. All depends on what my fiances job is going to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts