Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO you think any companies will make sub boxes for the sedan? Could i have one custom made that would look good? What are your opinions.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
well for me i would want to take my sub out becuz i need the trunk space....so i woudlnt want something permanent in my trunks....cept for the amp of course but the sub needs to be mobile haha for me..

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Same here I would like to find someone or somewhere that can make a custom box for a good price.

I went to my local Magnolia Hi Fi and they want 600 bucks for just the building of the custom box I wanted

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
As of now, ya'll gonna hafta go custom.

Most audio shops can build general MDF (medium density fiberboard) boxes. The better shops can use fiberglass to stuff a 10" in the corner.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
what would you say is a could amount to pay for a custom box?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Generally, a square or retangle box for a 10" should be no more than $125. If you wanted a single angle on that box, it would be another $50. 12" boxes are $150 for rectangle or square. Add another $50 for 1 angle. 15" depends on the speaker itself. If its very heavy, the inside of the box has to be braced or the woofer can blow it apart.

Subzero makes some good boxes. If I were forced to buy a pre-fabricated box, I would get some silicone sealant and run it between the pieces of wood inside.

Their website is: www.subzeromfg.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts