Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LETTER FROM STATE FARM AS TO INSURANCE INCREASE:

The medical payments and personal injury protection coverages claim experience is reviewed annually to determine the level of vehicle safter discount that is applied to each make and model of vehicle. In addition, the comprehensice, collison, body injury property damage claim experience is reviewed annually to dertemine whic make and models have earned decreases or increases from state farms standard rates. if applicable, these adjustments are reflected in the rates shown on the front!

All in all i called and they said every owner of a mazda vehichle insurance has been increased, do to crash ratings, injury, proptery damage repair, etc etc, so all in all whenever one of us crashes in a sense it goes into record and our cars are seeming "un-safer" as in mazda vehicles, so if you have state farm look for a increase, mine went up about 50 bucks!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
state farm better call me monday morning or im gonna be pissed my car needs to be fixed. ughhhh people around here need to learn to drive or move away.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
:lol: I never open my State Farm mail. I just goes into a pile and then eventually into the shredder. I'll have to keep an eye out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got that notice last month, my monthly went up $6. At first I thought it was something I did? But then I read the rest of the letter. I don't mind. My wife and I have had nothing but great service from them. Which is rare these days, most insurance co. treat you like crap.

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree state farm has been very good to me as well, I'm not really pissed about it, I was just like dang that sucks but my total premium went up about 50 bucks (in every 6 months) so it aint sooo bad but ya I find it kinda gay lol

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Damn, no idea if it'll effect me up here, but good thing I'm swapping companies away from State Farm this coming week.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is definately State and even city specific. I just moved from Peoria, AZ to Glendale, AZ which is less than 4 miles and my insurance went up 5 bucks a month.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
My State Farm insurance went up quite a bit -- about $20 more per month. I actually plan to call them and ask what the deal is, as I haven't been in any at-fault accidents, no tickets, etc. $5 more per month I can understand, but not $20.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Yeah that seems kind of unfair. It should be a case-by-case basis, not a general "lumping" of a certain type of vehicle. That seems kind of ridiculous. It's not like the car is a Ferrari or something.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
mine didnt go up just yet :)

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I'm going to have a meeting with my insurance rep tomorrow night. I'll let you guys know if I can get any info out of him... but to be honest, if he doesn't mention it to me, I may not say anything... only because I do not want an increase! lol

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Mine went up $1.79/month. Not much but still lame, haven't made a claim in several years and I've had State Farm for 10 years (parents for over 30). Maybe it's time to get other qoutes and see if my agent will deal on a lower rate.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I wish all these young drivers would have kept buying Hondas!

·
Registered
765 Posts
one to many bad apples spoils the whole damn buch

·
Registered
663 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=134346.msg2891077#msg2891077 date=1232987630]
It's probably due all those MS3 drivers crashing them. :x
[/quote]

+1000

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
There should be a classification for 3's and a seperate classification for mazdaspeed3's imo. They are pretty much 2 different cars, at least in the sense of performance.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
when i had my mazda 3, my insurance was $130 a month, then when i bought the ms3 it went up to $154. not sure if it was because it was a newer car or because of the performance, but i've also read how some ms3 owner's insurance calls their ms3's "mazda 3 sport hatch" or something, but my insurance card damn sure says "mazda speed 3" haha. so nationwide knows theres a difference.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts