Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sometime during the summer

Dallas -> Houston -> Austin -> San Antonio -> Corpus Christi

A real camera crew will be shooting the event and a DVD will be made. (Pending approval...)

Who's ready??

Should also note that this is a part of www.texascannonball.com and we expect several hundred cars to be in attendance.

· Registered
10,617 Posts
fuck i wish i lived in texas.

im down if i ever transfer to a southern state for college haha

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
make the drive...it will be worth it...i promise you..hahaha

lol....nice quote in your sig.

· Registered
10,617 Posts
right?

i got a good laugh outta that.

if i had a turbo i would make the drive. maybe if there's one next fall?....

(HINT HINT)

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well we did 3 runs this year so there will definately be more next year. just not sure about a state run.

also for the tx guys, looks like this MAY turn into a state mazda meet on sunday in corpus.

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok looks like we've got a REAL camera crew lined up and the option to make a DVD.

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forget this post...just updated my first post.

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Down for whatever. one day or multiple.

~Saint

· Registered
1,134 Posts
so.... can someone explain to me exactly what a cannonball run is?? my impression of it is that you get a whole bunch of cars and basically drive as fast as you possibly can from one place to another?? If thats the case, you can count me out, thanks....

· Registered
1,512 Posts
I doubt that it would be super fast idiotic driving like you see on the movies. Then again you never know. I know I'll be doing my normal cruise speed....about 5-10 over and maybe a little fun here and there.

~Saint

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a cannonball run is a gathering of like-minded individuals who enjoy driving their cars.

how fast you drive is up to you and the law. hahhaha

some people are going to be driving fast all the time. some people will be driving a little over. some people will be driving the limit. it's whatever you are comfortable with.

this is still in the infancy stages but i promise thise will have the feel of the real gumball because i really want as many people to do this as possible.

and yes, this will be a weekend event.

friday: dallas to houston with a party that night
saturday: houston to san antonio with a party that night
sunday: san antonio to corpus christi which will end with a state mazda meet.

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Hey 415, Are these parties going to be age limited? I got another year until 21 sooooo yea. Also is there any idea as to weather or not we can get some decals and stickers to load up the cars like they do one the "real" cannonball runs? I'm gunna need more hp to keep up with some people. :D

~Saint

· Registered
4,817 Posts
[quote author=edrection link=topic=65049.msg1115758#msg1115758 date=1166712030]
That sounds like fun. How about a rhode island run? back by lunch.
[/quote]

back by lunch...of next week? ;)

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=Saint link=topic=65049.msg1115750#msg1115750 date=1166711743]
Hey 415, Are these parties going to be age limited? I got another year until 21 sooooo yea. Also is there any idea as to weather or not we can get some decals and stickers to load up the cars like they do one the "real" cannonball runs? I'm gunna need more hp to keep up with some people. :D

~Saint
[/quote]

nope...not forgetting the under 21 crowd.

stickers might be possible.

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Sweet. I'm not looking to over do it like some of the more exotic cars do on those cannonball runs but maybe a few just to set us apart more from the normal crowd on the street. Might have draw backs if some one is driving reckless though. Might assume since we are in the same group as the person getting caught that we are all idiots......what do you think?

~Saint

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.