Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys
So I took the car back to the shop, turns out a pipe was broken inside the pump and it was replaced, car was fine afterwards.
Thing is, the car starts fine, and runs OK for 3-4 miles then it gets tough, the steering gets harder and I feel that the gas pedal is heavier, when I stop it and try to start it again it won't start! It cranks but won't start.

It happened today and after several start attempts the car started but after 3 miles it got stiff again. I'm clueless where to begin!
I noticed another thing, I don't know if it's relevant, I even posted about it and no one replied, that after I turn it off it leaks coolant fluid from a crack on the side of the tank, I always try to top it up, and the car's heat gauge is never over half, could it be over heating?
I might take it for an inspection tomorrow, but I need pointers, please help!
P.S: I have a check engine code, but I don't know what it says as my OBDII won't work.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Ok the code is probably super important... I don't think you are over heating if there is still coolant in the reservoir and I DONT THINK you should be driving the car... IDK what wrong but the description you give makes me think that its something small that is important and potentially dangerous ...

Is the brake fluid reservoir full? ( the power steering uses the same reservoir )

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@okellyr thank you for the reply.
I checked it a few days ago and it was full. I'll check it again.
And I'm not driving the car, I just tested it to see if it was fully repaired, looks like it wasn't.
I'll check again for that reservoir!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
@okellyr thank you for the reply.
I checked it a few days ago and it was full. I'll check it again.
And I'm not driving the car, I just tested it to see if it was fully repaired, looks like it wasn't.
I'll check again for that reservoir!
just get it to a garage and i think they will diagnose the thing fairly quick and you will be good ... mind u my stomach sinks every time i have to ( though super rare these days )!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't we all?

just get it to a garage and i think they will diagnose the thing fairly quick and you will be good ... mind u my stomach sinks every time i have to ( though super rare these days )!
I became a regular at the shop, and my stomach sinks regularly.
I checked the code, it's 0433
And added oil to the reservoir. It was missing below minimum!!
The steering wheel is a bit smoother, for now..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only one code 0433, the shop says the Solenoid isn't connected properly, I'm yet to check on that (they don't work today).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts