Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently got my car running on the road again however it's come with its list of faults. Recently the starter just was turning the car over and then stopped and refused to crank the engine over again. So I got someone to hold the car's ignition on while I hit the starter with a hammer and it got it started. I know I should just change the starter but I have already done this before since owning the car (around 1 year) so I wondered if there was a deeper problem. The car can struggle to start sometimes but it always does the first time with some cranks happening instantly and some taking at most a couple of seconds. Any help would be really good thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is no more than a year old and I've never needed to charge it or jump it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A year old battery could be bad, and the only way to know is by checking it. Start by testing the static voltage, and then see what happens when you try to start it. If the battery tests ok, then do additional electrical testing at the starter relay, in order to find out what the actual problem is. Or you can just go ahead and hang on another starter - your vehicle, your choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts