Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh Gawd,

Is there any way in heck I can change that dumb "Hello" when the car starts up on the radio display to something else? I didn't catch it in the manual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Goodbye?

Why do you think the "Hello!" is dumb? I think it's adorable! In fact, I say "Hello!" back! But that's just me ... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Re: Hello to you too.

factrzero said:
Oh Gawd,

Is there any way in heck I can change that dumb "Hello" when the car starts up on the radio display to something else? I didn't catch it in the manual.
At least it doesn't say "goodbye" when you turn the radio/car off :wink:

It would be cool though if you could personalize it with your name/nickname. For example "Hello MZ3pimp" :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'd rather mine said something like OI! Or "Less yaking more driving!" ;)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Or even...

Turn the key, and the first thing that comes up is "L33T!!111!!" followed by "OatM3al Is tEh SuX!!!"

LOL, sorry, I had to do that ;)

I would seriously have mine say "L33t" ;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Damn that box of cereal is one of the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. :D

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Electronics - could also have went in Interior Modifications but maybe our electrical geniuses (does it make any sense) can help us better there.

Also edited Title

·
Registered
29 Posts
That box is great, I love the guy on the front. Looks like he really enjoys his breakfast

·
Registered
437 Posts
in the other thread on the "Hello!" someone stated that the stock radio is made by pioneer. any truth to this??

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Hello all,

Well me being an electronics engineer would have to assume this "hello" is programmed into ROM, if there is not an easy way in the manual to reprogram it.

Flash, or EPROM would be much more costly then ROM they can mass produce ROM for about 1/3rd of the cost of any other reprogramming memories, I hope I am wrong but chances are this cannot be reprogrammed

1 - 20 of 100 Posts