Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs in this section...... recently i have been having the problem with the car stalling when i put it in reverse which is really pissing me off cause i was gonna trade the car in for an STI, but cant get top dollar for it if it dont work. My question is: What in the world could be causing this?

just to give a starting place, I recently noticed that i had a cracked coil on cylinder #3 (turns out that is was the cause of the cel i've had for a year, not the intake like the dealer said it was. :x). the day after i noticed this i removed the coil to closer inspect it, ordered a new one. after putting it back in for the time being (to my knowledge the car still worked to that point). got in the car to run errands, put it in reverse and it immediately stalls (repeated several times) but IT DOES NOT STALL IF I PUT IT IN DRIVE!!! fwd fast, new coil comes in (car has sat for a week) and i put it in, reset ecu, turn on and test drove, works fine!!! later on the reverse stall happens again. talk to a friend and he thinks a bad motor mount could be problem (now i remember the accidental N drop i did the day before the problem :(), checked both top ones and i think i found the bottom one (not to sure) they look good to me.

I dont know what else to do and i dont wanna waist money going to the dealer for them to tell me its a modd problem when its not. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As much as i wish it was that easy, the problem is now worse, it does it in drive now too, and i wont drop to less than 1k rpm. But i have some good news (sort of??), with the car on out of frustration i stared makin sure every sensor was connected, got to the maf and as soon as i touch it the engine sputters, i touch the wireharness it stalls. so i think i got a bad harness which would explain it stalling in rev. (since the engine leans foward stretching the wires).

next question: where can i get a harness and how much does it cost???

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found the problem!!!!! there was a cut inthe wire on that sensor next to the maf (think its it air temp sensor, someone please correct me). i'll repair it 2marrow and hope the the best.

·
Registered
190 Posts
[quote author=red_genisis link=topic=71412.msg1255917#msg1255917 date=1173344355]
found the problem!!!!! there was a cut inthe wire on that sensor next to the maf (think its it air temp sensor, someone please correct me). i'll repair it 2marrow and hope the the best.
[/quote]
Tomorrow..doesnt take that much longer to type..Please spell it correctly next time. :eh:

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
[quote author=alecshawn link=topic=71412.msg1257671#msg1257671 date=1173416152]
[quote author=red_genisis link=topic=71412.msg1255917#msg1255917 date=1173344355]
[/quote]
Tomorrow..doesnt take that much longer to type..Please spell it correctly next time. :eh:
[/quote]
grammar nazi! :p

anyway good luck on the problem

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=alecshawn link=topic=71412.msg1257671#msg1257671 date=1173416152]
[/quote]
[/quote]

this isnt an essay paper... anyway, I finished the repair using the info from the "depin MAF sensor" thread. worked beautifully and the best part is.... i didn't know how much power the car actually had and its nice to be able to start from a stop and not bog down. too bad I didn't find the problem when i first got it cause i might not be trying to trade it in now. Oh well, if i decide to keep it at least i know that the car will actually work how i want it to.... for now at least.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So does 2day!! yeah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts