Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
are you talking about stages of window tinting? if you are, i've never heard of that; they've always been listed by what % light gets through (my civic had 35, most allowed by law in georgia).

might you be talking about turbo?

·
Registered
947 Posts
No, he is saying that the guy who did his tint had a 300ZX with "stage 8" modifications.

I think stage 8 means different things to different people. I am not aware of any rules of thumbs about these things.

·
Registered
233 Posts
no i'm not talking about tint (i have 20% all around), but yes mod stages.
lol!

Stage 1 normally means basic turbo setup. After the turbo kit is installed, you can upgrade to different stages such as bigger turbo, injector, down pipe/exhaust and intercooler to get more power or better component. Different kit/setup may have different stages, and it's normally designated by the maufacturer...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Was he by chance talking a 300zx that he had built in a video game? I have a Stage 3 Skyline GTR on Need for Speed Underground :D :arrow: :D :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
gambitl7 said:
haha, i kinda thought so, but your question didn't seem too clear...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
PhilGood said:
lol!

Stage 1 normally means basic turbo setup. After the turbo kit is installed, you can upgrade to different stages such as bigger turbo, injector, down pipe/exhaust and intercooler to get more power or better component. Different kit/setup may have different stages, and it's normally designated by the maufacturer...
Stage 1 means turbo? lol, sorry, your wrong.

Most the time (read, MOST OF THE TIME):

Stage 1 - Basic bolt ons (intake, header, exhaust)
Stage 2 - Headwork (cams, gears, PnP, valve job)
Stage 3 - Forced Induction (super, nitrous, turbo)

Of course this is with a car starting from NA. Obviously, turbo cars will have a similiar list, but Stage 3 would be MASSIVE turbo.

Stage 8, IMO, would be all out race. Fully built motor, standalone management, HUGE turbo and I/C, tube chassis carbon body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts