Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone purchased the Techna-Fit lines from PTuning?

http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-result.cfm?keyword=PTMA-1600-BLUE

It is MA-1600 according to the part number on the package.

Did you have any problems installing it?
I was about to open the package, but found out MA-1600 is not designed for Mazda3, which carries a MA-1300 part number from Techna-Fit website.

Anyone purchased the product from them, and installed? Any problems?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a set of Techa Fit lines and the part number on the package is MA-1300.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
From what I can tell MA is a Mazda prefix, but I can't figure out what the MA-1600 is for. It could be just be a new version, or it could be for the Speed3. I'd say email Techna-Fit and ask them what application the MA-1600 is for.

Andrew Beard

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is what I thought. Mine doesn't look like the sok07 walkthrough. Mine is just a simple brake line with no rubber clips in the middle to grab on to... It looks way different than what sok07 had... I have emailed PTuning and Techna-Fit, but none of them reply yet...

At least you, rum, can confirm MA-1300 is real as that is what listed on Techna-Fit website.
Now searching MA-1600 yields no results from official website...

Too hesitate to even try it on...

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have a set of technafit lines, and had the same problem as you. It seems technafit has very poor quality control when assembling their lines and often forget to install the correct mounting/fitment hardware.
This is what your lines should look like (minus the red color)

and include new retention clips in a little plastic bag:

If they do not match, return them for the correct ones. Without the proper hardware the lines will rub and eventually begin to leak - obviously not a good thing for brakes.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The correct part number is MA-1300. They've gone through a few changes since they first came out. I've sold 100's of TF brake line kits and have only had maybe 5 that needed replacement. (thats pre install...none to my knowledge have failed after installed.)

I've been using TF lines on all my cars for years, never had any problems at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now the problem is none of my brake lines have a rubber/metal thing in the middle...
I do have clips in the small bag...

Now waiting for response from PTuning. Hope they can help...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I found out the MA-1600 is also a Mazda3 kit, the specs are the same....but it will be changed back to MA-1300. Obviously there was a mix-up somewhere.

Now, i don't know how long PTuning has had those particular lines...but those appear to be a VERY early version. I've been working with TF for the past 5 years and in the last 3 with the mz3... i've never seen a 3 kit without the slider fittings... I remember when they first came out, they had gone through a few changes in design...but always had the those fittings.

I just spoke with TF and they are totally willing to exchange them, but since you got them through PTuning, you'll have to make arrangements with them. If i can be of any assitance, lmk.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Mine came the same way - with no fittings or clips. Just contact PTuning and tell them the lines are not correct, I'm sure they will help you out.

This is what I was sent the second time:

Again minus the spring clips, but it was close enough and I couldnt wait since I had my car apart already, so I just used the rubber grommets from the stock lines with a few zip ties to hold them in place and reused the stock spring clips.

Had Goodridge offered SS lines for the MZ3 at the time I wouldnt even have bothered with Technafit, and doubt I will use them in the future.

There are posts of other members who had the same problems - so I find it interesting that AutoXer hasnt run into this problem.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
When i did the GBs, i remember 1 or 2 ppl got kits that were missing the metal clips, but i don't recall anybody missing the slider fittings...and this is the first i've ever heard of the MA-1600 part number too...Although with the 100's of kits i've sold (all makes, not just the 3) it seems the 3 kit has under gone more changes than usual. The quality of the lines are great, just seems they have trouble with the hardware. But they've been very easy to work with and have recitified any issues immediately.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hmm. Mine don't have any metal clips with them... Mine look just like the ones posted above:

I can reuse the stock metal clips?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The problem right now is I should have a more recent revision, it is dated AUG 2006 on the bag. I do not know whether this is a stamp from TF or a inventory date for PTuning. I have no idea on this...

I've contacted TF's representative and their president. They confirmed that MA-1600 and MA-1300 is for Mazda3 application. They stated that the missing piece in the middle of the hose "MIGHT" create a problem. Now this is what I do not want. The "MIGHT" answer are creating a dangerous point for me to install it... They want me to contact and go thru PTuning for exchange. They did not offered me an exchange offer at this point...

I've also contacted PTuning, but as of right now, there is no solution for my problem. And the real deal is I've past the return date as of right now... Hope PTuning will offered an exchange WITH every hardware on it...

THIS IS GETTING FRUSTRATED.... :x

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
rum - as long as you didnt break the spring clips you can reuse them. You could probably get them at any autoparts store as well.

The real problem is the rubber grommets and the metal sleeves on the hoses. The rubber grommets are on the rear brake lines - so you could do what I did and slice one side down the middle, slip them over the new lines, and zip tie them into place. They should slide into the bracket and stay put.

The fronts are a different story because those metal sleeves use the spring clips to mount to the strut so you dont pinch the lines when the wheels turn. They are absolutely necessary for safety reasons.

I have dealt with PTuning before and they are good to work with - I am sure they will work with you and TF to get the correct lines. It just sucks that you have to go through the hassle.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
[quote author=rum link=topic=67217.msg1156326#msg1156326 date=1169152665]
I can reuse the stock metal clips?
[/quote]

The stock clips should work. but...why would they include them if the stock ones worked??...i dunno, this is getting ME frustrated, cause TF has always come through for me and now i see quite a few other ppl have missing parts...

If for some reason the stock clips don't work or you'd just rather have the TF clips, just let me know.

[quote author=MZ3-BK3P link=topic=67217.msg1156553#msg1156553 date=1169158671]
The problem right now is I should have a more recent revision, it is dated AUG 2006 on the bag. I do not know whether this is a stamp from TF or a inventory date for PTuning. I have no idea on this...

I've contacted TF's representative and their president. They confirmed that MA-1600 and MA-1300 is for Mazda3 application. They stated that the missing piece in the middle of the hose "MIGHT" create a problem. Now this is what I do not want. The "MIGHT" answer are creating a dangerous point for me to install it... They want me to contact and go thru PTuning for exchange. They did not offered me an exchange offer at this point...

I've also contacted PTuning, but as of right now, there is no solution for my problem. And the real deal is I've past the return date as of right now... Hope PTuning will offered an exchange WITH every hardware on it...

THIS IS GETTING FRUSTRATED.... :x
[/quote]

I've never seen any date code stamps from TF, so my *guess* is that it's from PTuning. Although Aug 2006 is way past the time TF updated the kit. When i did the first GB here back in Jan 2005, the kits had the sliders.

Either PTuning was getting rid of old stock or TF was...hard to say. I don't understand why they even made a kit without the sliders...they are obviously needed not just for install purposes, but for safety reasons. I agree tho, i'd want the kit with the slider fittings...as they obviously felt the need to revise the early versions to include them on their later versions.

If you are not able to exchange them with PTuning, like i said, if i can help, just let me know.

Even if you guys did not buy them through me, i still want to offer to help.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just took a photo comparison from AutoXer and mine...
Assuming the photo AutoXer provides is for Mazda3...

Beside I do not have slider fittings, the bolt pattern / connectors are way different.

Now I think I have received a fishy package. MA-1600 is not DESIGNED for Mazda3 as stated by TF

Damn... Too much hassle...

·
Registered
266 Posts
My TF lines from Ptuning had all the right sliders and clips. The thing I didn't like was that even though the tread pattern was correct the hex heads were in SAE not metric. So I had to get a set of SAE fitting wrenches. Then on the front lines the fitting for the caliper hex is so small that the size fitting wrench for it wouldn't fit over the plastic,strain relief. I like the SS lines but I doubt I'll buy TF again, too many issues.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
definitely not buying from them with all the issues I hear.. I probably go with Brembo ones? I do not remmember but one of the big brake companies have SS brake lines

1 - 20 of 23 Posts