Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past two weeks my car has been making this squeal sound after i turn it off. It has been really cold here...like mid 20 - 30s...but as soon as I turn off the car and start to walk away from it I here this squeal sound for a second or two....i'm guessing that its my turbo winding down? I'm really not sure though...I'm going to a mazda dealer next week anyway so I'm just going to mention it. But does anyone have a clue what it could be? any direction would be greatly appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
708 Posts
HMMM I get it to. I thought it was normal? Is it right when you turn the car off.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Theres some threads about this..happens with my car. If you have a SRI it could be a broken bracket under the battery. It also is thought to be the gasket on the downpipe isnt fit properly any more so air squeals out of it at shut off. I havent brought my car in for it yet though :/

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it happens like 15 seconds after i turn it of...I don't think it's normal....I've put 40,000 miles on my car now....and i'd say only the past 5,000 miles has nit made this sound. Well i have an appointment next week at my dealer so I'll find out what the deal is...

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
[quote author=astonspeed3 link=topic=135486.msg2916562#msg2916562 date=1233899320]
So for the past two weeks my car has been making this squeal sound after i turn it off. It has been really cold here...like mid 20 - 30s...but as soon as I turn off the car and start to walk away from it I here this squeal sound for a second or two....i'm guessing that its my turbo winding down? I'm really not sure though...I'm going to a mazda dealer next week anyway so I'm just going to mention it. But does anyone have a clue what it could be? any direction would be greatly appreciated. thank you
[/quote]

It's normal for the motor in the throttle body to make a buzzing noise for about 20 seconds after you turn the car off.

Try this: Open your hood, turn the ignition to the ON position (but don't start the engine), wait a few seconds, and turn the key off. See if the noise that you have been hearing is the same noise that is coming from the throttle body.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i get a similar sound coming from my engine bay, only it lasts longer and its repetitive. Its almost like a beeping, but it doesn't do it every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts