Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My seat on the driver side is very squeaky when I make turns, Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It gets louder and louder.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Typically, it's the seatlbelt anchor. Try a squirt of WD40 or a like product and see if that does the trick.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I'll try that, have you had that problem before?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Yes, myself and many others. It's been awhile since since been discussed though.

Yeah, give it a try, hopefully that's all it is.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay sounds good, thanks much!

·
Registered
742 Posts
yeah I had the same problem...deff is the seat belt janks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah first it was on the passanger side, now it's both, I'm going to lub them up today

·
Registered
487 Posts
My car had the same problem with the drivers seat. I thought that the problem was with the screws that hold the seatbelt anchor (on the right side of the seat).

I removed the seat, removed the bolt that holds the anchor in place, then applied lithium grease. Problem solved.

Fortunately, I had lots of experience removing the driver's and passenger's seats.

·
Registered
487 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=139407.msg3007791#msg3007791 date=1237600280]
Just a heads up to others. Most do not have to remove the seat to solve the squeaking.
[/quote]

Agreed! I removed my seat I because I already had experience removing the seats (installing
a sub and amp), and I wanted to see if I could prevent the squeak from returning by understanding how the whole assembly works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts