Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheesh... just saw my first MZ3 on the road other than mine. It was this morning at around 8AM or so on the outer loop of the beltway near Braddock Road exit. It was a dark colored sedan with a lot of road salt, driven by a small asian girl, following a B3000 truck driven by a guy. Couldn't tell if it was an i or s. Didn't notice me at all. Where's the love? :frown:

In other news, kept up with a EVO down a ramp last night after he took a long hard look at my car and proceeded to gun it. I have no illusions, he probably had plenty of grip left. Got checked out by a riced out neon with unpainted body kit. Driver did the full 360 drive-around.

I noticed in general that there seem not to be too many Mazdas around.

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: First sighting of someone else's Mazda3 in Northern VA

LeeLee said:
I noticed in general that there seem not to be too many Mazdas around.
That's a good thing...we Mazda 3 owners are unique :twisted: .

Spencer

·
Registered
889 Posts
Here is what the Evo VIII can do... Granted it is the UK version that has a superior power distribution/traction system. Click here. It beat out a Lambo Murcielago on Top Gear's track. That was one of the reason why I didn't get the Evo VIII because as usual, we get the watered down version here in the U.S.

But I see what you are saying about the Mazda 3's being rare. The Mazda dealer right off post still has not sold a single MZ3 since the last time I visited them. The dealer pissed me off so I drove 20 miles to the next dealer to get mine... but I still drive by that dealer to check their inventory.. :p Mazda needs to come up with a better commercial... not that "There's this car.... with all this stuff....." BS...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Another NOVA sighting

I too live in northern Virginia. I think I caught a glimpse of one today while I was working out in the gym. I only got a shot at the rear end of it so I'm note completely sure it was one, besides everyone KNOWS that I need to have my glasses fixed or get Lasik :D

I know that Brown's Mazda in Fairfax has sold several of the cars. In fact, the week I bought mine I think they had sold 3 or 4 others.[/url]

·
Registered
315 Posts
When I picked up my 3 tonight, the dealership told me it was the first one they've sold. I found this out since I had a couple questions about the small little things, and the dealer basically shrugged his shoulders saying he hadn't played around with the 3s too much.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
n1smo said:
Mazda needs to come up with a better commercial... not that "There's this car.... with all this stuff....." BS...
I agree - what is that commercial supposed to be about? My car has more than stuff, okay....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have only seen one other 3 so far. It was a sedan, couldn't tell i or s. Pretty surprised that I haven't more than that yet. But it definitely feels cool knowing that not many others have a car like mine. The dealers seemed to have about 6-7 each. I haven't seen many RX8's either, but some of the dealers here have tons of them.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
my dealer had a ton when I went in to buy mine. I don't think they are cutting deals though, because the one I wanted has been up on the rack out front for over a month.

But there were at least 20 on the lot when I bought mine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Off topic... anybody think its eerily weird how similar my pic and nismo's pic are? ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
just checking in, noVA here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wed afternoon at 1215pm, I saw a 3i in Starlight Green going west on Lee Hwy near Gallows Rd. A few minutes later I saw it going back in the eastbound direction. I think it had new temp tags.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am probably one of the cars you guys have seen...haha.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i drove from manassas to rhode island and back and didn't see a single other 3! saw a few 6's, though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
dear non-mazda northern va drivers,

please get out of my way, especially on the prince william parkway. your '2 miles above the speed limit means i'm gonna stay in the fast lane' attitude sucks.

love,

boomom

·
Registered
64 Posts
i've seen one, besides my husband's.... and it was driven by a forum member!

·
Registered
64 Posts
saw a white HB today, in manassas, parked near starbucks on sudley.

not as much fun as meeting unixgeezer randomly on the road, though.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
boomom said:
saw a white HB today, in manassas, parked near starbucks on sudley.

not as much fun as meeting unixgeezer randomly on the road, though.
Hey Boomom, I think I saw that same white HB last week. They were on Sudley Road about 3pm or so on Thursday up by where we met up, if I remember right.

You are right.. definitely more fun stopping and yakking with someone :) I'm almost surpirsed the folks behind us didn't get annoyed.....

1 - 20 of 227 Posts