Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself using the manual shifting with my sportmatic regularly due to the bad weather. It makes me feel more in control especially stopping. Willr egular use of the sportmatic be damaging for the tranny? I'm not sure if the sportmatic is made to be used regularly or not.

TIA
Craig

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i doubt it would be damaging telly, i mean they didnt make it for regular use anyways u kno? its like an add on lol...i use it once in a while too its actually quite fun...but im pretty sure it wont damage the tranny, but dont quote me on that...its just i dont see why it would damage the tranny....

·
Registered
882 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it wouldn't be there if it wasn't intended to be used frequently. I too have been using it a lot when starting out from intersections that are icy and haven't noticed anything untoward about how it behaves.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I use my Sportmatic all the time, downshifting at lights, taking it to redline, taking corners at higher speeds for grip. Just general fun, if you know what I mean. No problems so far, and for those of you keeping track of my posts, i started driving more like this after the power steering problem which totally pissed me off. I'm better now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree, shouldn't be a problem. This type of option has been around for ages. Volvo has the "steptronic or something" and Honda had the "Hondamatic", it's meant to be used, besides, your brakes wqill last longer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts