Mazda3 Forums banner

Sport Package

7K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Kazbaeden 
#1 ·
So, I guess in all of the the pictures we've seen so far, there hasn't been a sport package on the car (bumpers, side sills, etc). Or perhaps they are, and we haven't seen it without to compare :wink:

Anyway, I think it's interesting how all the pictures of the 6 feature the sport package, while all the pictures of the 3 don't. Perhaps they'll actually make it so practically every option doesn't require the addition of the sport package. *dreams*

#6 ·
So I guess this one is without the sport package...

I really like the sport package for the 3. I'm not too fond of the one for the 6... Makes it look a little rice in my opinion. And then you get people on your case for having factory groundFX. You're just not cool if you didn't put the bumpers on yourself. Then they're all like "My wing is bigger than your stupid-ass factory wing and my kit is lower than your stupid-ass factory kit," and it's just aggravation I don't need.

#8 ·
Kazbaeden said:
So I guess this one is without the sport package...

I really like the sport package for the 3. I'm not too fond of the one for the 6... Makes it look a little rice in my opinion. And then you get people on your case for having factory groundFX. You're just not cool if you didn't put the bumpers on yourself. Then they're all like "My wing is bigger than your stupid-ass factory wing and my kit is lower than your stupid-ass factory kit," and it's just aggravation I don't need.
Correct! Personally I laugh at riced-up Civics w/body kits and Type-R stickers that weight more than the car. I'd rather have a factory killer (we're talking about Civics, Sentras, etc not Porsches GT3 here) than a car with cut springs (while handling is now worse BTW) and a body kit that looks out of F&F.

But that's just me. I like sleepers.

#9 ·
I do like sleepers too but to me factory bodykits that are not TOO MUCH, and here I talk about:

Side skirts
Sportier front bumper and rear bumper
Coloured/Cleared tail lights
STOCK Spoilers for that brand (not Type-R that are higher than the car's roof...!)

I prefer buying a stock modified car (with factory bodykits) than to modify a car that has been modified in EVERY way already (talking about CIVIC).

So I'd rather buy a '04 3 with GFX (Sport) package rather than buying a GS and adding the bodykit myself.

-Frank

#11 ·
I think the effects look great on the 3. Absolutely astounding. I start to wonder why everyone mods civics. Is it simply becasue they are one of the cheapest cars, so they have extra cash to mod? I don't think it could be because of the gas milage and reliability, because once start modding gas milage definately goes down, and I assume reliability does too (any time you cut something up it loses integrity).

Perhaps it's becase they want to be different? If I wanted to be differen't, I definately wouldn't mod a honda... seeing as that everyone mods them :p

#12 ·
IMO, they're idiots. Cutting springs, putting blue washer sprayer LEDs, stickers with their car's name on the top of the windshield (like we don't know it's a Honda), air intakes in a 115HP FWD car, rear spoilers larger than a car to have more downforce (with all that power and speed it's gonna fly off the road! Rite...), LOUD mufflers that go "wee eeee eeee".

Morons that think they're cool until a REAL car competes on the auto-cross circuit against them and leaves them behind. But they got a Type-R Civic, so what do I know?

Ok now I'm done. This is not against Civics only, but other idiots that have done similar things to P5s, 1.7ELs, etc....

#13 ·
See, that's another thing. Most stock Hondas are not fast. I read a review on a 2000 Honda the other day, and the reviewer was really trying to make it sound like a good car and didn't want to say it wasn't a performance car flat out.

So what he wrote was "Even though the Civic may not be faster than the competition, it can still out-last it with great gas mileage!"

I mean, no matter how much air intakes and turbos and exhausts and shocks you put on the thing, it levels off at a certain point where it just can't get any faster, and that point will be much lower compared to other cars. At some point you just have to add more cylindars and an over-all larger engine if you want any more speed.

#15 ·
The Civic itself does a good job going from A->B. But then you have some nutcases that think adding weight to their Civic will improve the car's performance. Most of this comes from wings, additional grotesque skirts, blue lights in every possible hole and stickers. Lots and lots of stickers. It's not the car, but the owners.

#18 ·
Yeah, it's definately the owners. The cars are sort of like a catalyst. They cause the owners to act like big bad street racers.

I'm not too fond of street racing myself, especially around these parts. It's not like Arizona where there's not a man for 10 miles. Around here, people get killed because of street racing.

But that's not even what ticks me off hte most. That happens at night when I'm sleeping, so it doesn't bother me to the fullest. When I'm awake, though, these speed racers use their civics to race from point A to point B, and that annoys me when I'm driving. Driving in riced out cars give the drivers these egos, which in my opinion, are verry irritating.

#19 ·
Theres a long stretch of road just behind my home and bikers always tear down it. It's incredible loud and I've seen cops bust a lot of them. There was a recent death a couple months ago and they've added traffic lights now, but that still doesn't stop a lot of them.

#23 ·
We need an Autobahn.

I just decided to read something about the Autobahn, and found this little tidbit of German law interesting.

Germany's "highway patrol" -- otherwise known as the Autobahnpolizei -- is usually less visible than the U.S. version, but in a way you may never have suspected.

One of the weapons in their arsenal is the "automated police officer." Along certain stretches of autobahn or highway (Bundesstraße), usually in high-traffic areas, special radar-linked police cameras are stationed over the roadway ready to take a revealing snapshot of you and your car at any time of the day or night. Displayed prominently in this special photograph, besides you and your car, is a record of your speed, the date, the time, and the location. You won't even know what happened until your photographic speeding ticket arrives in the mail a few days later. Although some have tried, these incriminating photos are difficult to fight, and German courts have ruled that the "camera police" are perfectly legal. The photographic police are also located at city intersections to catch drivers who run red lights.

Some German drivers were finding these photos incriminating in another way: their spouses were less than happy when, in the radar-trap photo, they saw someone else sitting next to their partner, someone of the opposite sex who was not supposed to be there. To avoid a higher German divorce rate, the police have ceased sending the actual photos to the offender's home. Now when the traffic ticket arrives in the mail, the person caught in the act has to go down to the police station to view the "camera police" photo and protest the charges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.