Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you go about getting a sponsership for your car? I have a black mazda 3 sedan with a couple of mods looking to expand and possible gain a couple of sponsers.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
normally you have to have a lot already done to your car for sponsors to even look at you...plus you need to be a regular on the show circuit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a decent amount of things done to my car. I have:

- 18 inch Devino Ransom Wheels with Lexani Low Pro tires
- functional Sharkfin Antenna
- K&N cold air intake and air filter
- Rockford p1's and rockford amp (currently working on a custom fiberglass set up for my trunk)

I'm looking to do a few other things for the spring. I will have pics asap i jsut want to put on my rims so you will get a full picture of what my car looks like

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=italianmaz3 link=topic=66942.msg1149413#msg1149413 date=1168809676]

- Rockford p1's and rockford amp (currently working on a custom fiberglass set up for my trunk)

I'm looking to do a few other things for the spring. I will have pics asap i jsut want to put on my rims so you will get a full picture of what my car looks like
[/quote]

yeah i don't think you'd get any super good sponsers, no free rims or anything.

after you get the fiberglass done, a bodykit, and start going to car shows regularly, you'd meet some potential sponsors maybe, or at least car clubs that could get your sponsored....

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
[quote author=italianmaz3 link=topic=66942.msg1149413#msg1149413 date=1168809676]

[/quote]

I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything but if you list sharkfin antenna as one of your mods, sponsors and clubs are going to laugh at you. And the Axela emblems too with that, as so many ppl in this forum do that.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
i'm not trying to be a dick, but you're gonna need to have more than and then some done to your car compared to others on here if you want sponsorships.

unless you know some people, then you might be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
I wonder if someone out there wants to sponser a new MS3....
I sponser my own car but im sure another MS3 owner would want to

·
Registered
611 Posts
yea man, sponsorship isn't something you should even have in your head till you've spent some serious time and money on your car. Honestly, not many people have sponsors for their cars- the best most of us could ever see is a discount on merchandise. Even the people you see with company decals, many aren't sponsored at all.

Things to have before you consider even asking for sponsorship:

Rims, Bodykit, custom paint / graphics, audio/visual upgrades

But, to humor you- how you go about getting sponsorship:

Be on the show circuit. This means your TRAVELLING to show your car- not just local shows, but you better darn well be at just about everyone of your local shows. Being on the show circuit also means you're always going to be trying to one-up your other show-goers. You're gunna start meeting people from companies- often times the companies will send the same reps to all the shows- you'll start knowing them and be able to talk to them about possibilities. Also, email the companies- you're gunna have to be sending professional looking photos or they're just gunna toss them- and your car better stand out. Its like trying to get a job, most people say that you need to sell yourself to the company within the first paragraph- same with sponsorships (or most things in life really)- first impressions; the first photo, the first email, the first time you meet the reps. You should also know how to spell sponsorship... and use proper grammar throughout your correspondance with the company. This is a partnership you're trying to make- you have to be professional. Some companies, streetglow for instance (or at least they used to), will actually have a sponsorship link on their website. It will give you guidelines as well as an application.

And remember- they aren't going to put money into a car if you wont.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts