Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to believe that Mazda does not include the spoiler in the Sport package and is considered a DIO. Am going to the Washington Auto Show in a few days and will ask Mazda rep. Also would like to see the BOSE option for the M3.

Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,287 Posts
It would be nice if they had the same sport package options as they do on the Mazda6; for 2004, you can get the sport package with or without the spoiler. Not sure of the price difference but it is nice to have the option of spoiler/no spoiler sport packages. I am still undecided if I would want the lip spoiler or not. I don't like the raised spoiler though; it makes the car look too much like a shopping cart- sorry :) Agreed about the BOSE/other high-end system option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BOSE

Never had BOSE in a car but the home systems are GREAT. Maybe a little expensive but definitely great sound.

Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,287 Posts
My friend has a BOSE system in his 99 Maxima, and I think it is pretty good. I certainly don't know much about stereos, but I like the sound/bass it puts out without rattling the door panels/car structure etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
a BOSE sound system beats the stock one we actually have in the 3 right now so any improvement is good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,756 Posts
M3-GT said:
a BOSE sound system beats the stock one we actually have in the 3 right now so any improvement is good.
Even if bose was offered, I wouldnt buy it.

Its a PITA for inexperienced installers to bypass the Bose amp to make an aftermarket deck work.

Now a Bose system in a Lexus GS or Maxima, would be sweet. But a tuner car doesnt need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
But if you don't want to screw around your center panel and play with installing aftermarket stuff it would still be better for those people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,756 Posts
Actually it wouldnt.

Bose systems are notorious for having little amps on all the speakers. That means all speakers have to be re-wired to a new amp or deck. The factory wire would be useless.

Its a PITA......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
vaBooM said:
Actually it wouldnt.

Bose systems are notorious for having little amps on all the speakers. That means all speakers have to be re-wired to a new amp or deck. The factory wire would be useless.

Its a PITA......
Yeah you are right about that....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Sorry havent checked the board for a couple of days. :oops:

Vaboom hit it on the head. It may be ok for those of you that do not want to upgrade your sound. Those of us who want to add amps, subs, high quality door speakers and tweeters, and not replace the stock HU it is much easier NOT to have BOSE.

The BOSE system is included in the sport package of the 6 and it sucks to pay for something that your going to tear out anyway.
So maybe if they made it a stand alone option...those that wanted it could pay for it and those (me) that dont want it dont HAVE to have it forced on them (like the bundled sport package in the 6). That would make us all happy. Although I am happy with the way it is now. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,756 Posts
in my Jetta... i ended up getting the Monsoon system for free.

It sucked sooo bad.. i ripped it out that week i got the car and replaced the whole system with 6.5" components, aftermarket HU and an amp.

Factory systems also have distortion meters. Even when the speakers arent distorting... the system cuts back on power hence making the system sound like crap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,626 Posts
It's weird, cause when I was first considering the 6, I thought the base car was ugly without the sports package, which then came with the wing spoiler. But then, due to circumstances my car came only with the spoiler and I love the look. Personally, I can take the cars either way-with or without ground fx, spoiler, etc. They all look good to me. But I'm not a fan of the lip spoiler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
csweeney said:
It's weird, cause when I was first considering the 6, I thought the base car was ugly without the sports package, which then came with the wing spoiler. But then, due to circumstances my car came only with the spoiler and I love the look. Personally, I can take the cars either way-with or without ground fx, spoiler, etc. They all look good to me. But I'm not a fan of the lip spoiler.
I agree, no spoiler is better looking than the lip spoiler on the 6, IMO
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top