Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya peeps I'm going to buy my Mazda 3 next month and I want to add a spoiler and was wondering what types are out there and how much? Also, I'm planning to lower my car a bit...anyone have an idea how much should I lower it by? Don't want to scratch my car against bumps or the curb when I'm parking!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've scraped my front end already twice with the car and she's stock. However, these are crappy Queens NY streets and going from parking garage to street its easy to scrape. I keep appologizing to her :(

Spoilers, there's the two OEM from Mazda, a lip spoiler and a raised one for the sedan. Quotes for them were US$325 each for DIO.
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brunoluong/detail?.dir=/Accessories&.dnm=Sedan+raised+spoiler.jpg
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brunoluong/detail?.dir=/Accessories&.dnm=Sedan+lip-spoiler.jpg

Beyond that, the aftermarket will probably still have to size the trunk lid to get a good looking spoiler.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Anyone seen any pics of that lip spoiler from a different angle? It'd be nice to see what it does to the cars profile. Same goes for the raised spoiler too... in general I'm not a big fan of raised spoilers but I'd like to get some good looks at this one before I make a decision.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
On this car I would probaly not have a spoiler. It looks fine without one. But thats just me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn those spoilers look ugly! :x Guess I'll wait until the aftermarket makes one. So lowering the car isn't a good idea? The streets where I live aren't that bad.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Long as your streets are alright its not a problem. Lots of people ride around here with lowered cars despite the roads. I'm just gonna choose not to.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ATL said:
On this car I would probaly not have a spoiler. It looks fine without one. But thats just me.
zc1 said:
Me three!

I don't have anything against spoilers, it all depends on the car. IMHO, the 3 sedan doesn't need one because of the sort rear end and coupe-like rear window.

Other cars just need 'em: Spec V, WRX

ATL: I'd go lip spoiler for the 6

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I am considering the lip spoiler, but I do agree that the sedan doesn't "need" one like a Sentra/SE-R, or WRX.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like the little bit of "edge" and definition the lip spoiler gives to the rear end. If I do any spoiler, it'll be a lip one rather than the raised, but I'll wait till I have the car a little while before making a final decision.

·
Registered
36 Posts
AK/47 said:
Other cars just need 'em: Spec V, WRX

ATL: I'd go lip spoiler for the 6
Now, why exactly would the Spec V need a spoiler? We all realize that rear-deck spoilers are there to provide downforce over the rear wheels... and that the Spec V is front wheel drive. Never mind that it can barely reach speeds at which a wing will do it any good. Unlike, say, my friend's Acura NSX or WRX STi.

All of these front-drive econo-boxes with huge rear wings crack me up. The lip spoilers are fine (and mostly for looks)... but all the big wings do for these affordable quasi-performance cars is increase drag and add weight. Last time I checked this was detrimental to performance...

Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ranting is allowed.

As for the Spec V & WRX, I think they need it for looks only.They are a bit longer after the C pillar, I feel the spoiler balances that out.

Needless to say, this is very subjective.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont like the lip spoiler too much... i think because it reminds me of the chevy cavalier spoilers and those are ugly!

I dont mind the raised spoiler.. i think it looks good... but the mazda 3 is one of the best looking cars that looks good without a spoiler...

p.s. i am not a fan of those queer large metal spoilers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts