Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the story. I am parting with my SRT-4 and will probably miss the hell out of it but it is starting to severely decrease in value which promps me to sell.

I have been looking at EVO X GSR's and am now entertaining the idea of saving the money spent on an EVO and buying a MS3 GT. With this decision after purchase I will have around $4K to spend on the MS3.

I want the car to feel close to equivalent to my NSRT-4 but still be good for daily driving.

BTW my SRT-4 ran 13.3 at 5800 ft in Colorado.

Thanks for the advice and aiding me in my decision of my next car purchase!

Jesse

·
Registered
224 Posts
Get the evo, but if you do pick up the ms3 and drop $4k on it then I say ms coilovers, ms intake, cobb ap, and some lighter/sticky wheels/tires.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
13.3 @ 5800ft is pretty quick, but I think it would take a significant amount of mods on a MS3 to get to that number @ that altitude. All boltons + tires, probably. Basically your 4grand would do it... FMIC, TBE, Exh Mani, Intake/Inlet, Motor Mounts, Tires and a few other tid bits probably.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you have Evo money, get the Evo... it'd serve you better in Colorado. (snow and such)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, with so many badass cars out there it is hard to choose. I appreciate your responses! =)

The EVO X GSR is really badass too... Life sure does have its tough decisions... :dunno:

How does the MS3 do on drag radials?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Get the EVO. I just drove one and was very impressed with its stock power. The AWD really helps as does the twin scroll turbo.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Unless you're in love with the "3" in general, get the Evo

·
Registered
277 Posts
dont get the evo, its slower, heavier, and more money, plus worse interior, its only faster from a stop
get the mazdaspeed and do both motor mounts, coilovers or spring, intake, dp, cpe standback, fuel pump, and youll be good, maybe meth to if you want to run even more boost

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
woah...hold up here for a sec. the only time the ms3 has a fighting chance against an evoX is if we were to race them in a straight line from a roll...try to race them from a dig, around corners, at the track, etc., and you will feel pretty damn foolish. our car is a pretty damn good compromise when it comes to bang for the buck, but let's not go fooling ourselves into thinking that the MS3 is faster than it really is...

·
Registered
277 Posts
[quote author=Sacrilicious link=topic=136304.msg2940855#msg2940855 date=1234822581]
woah...hold up here for a sec. the only time the ms3 has a fighting chance against an evoX is if we were to race them in a straight line from a roll...try to race them from a dig, around corners, at the track, etc., and you will feel pretty damn foolish. our car is a pretty damn good compromise when it comes to bang for the buck, but let's not go fooling ourselves into thinking that the MS3 is faster than it really is...
[/quote]
i didnt know you race your car everyday from a stop? Or around a track?
so lets see the area where most of us push our cars daily is from what, a roll right? Which the ms3 is a lot faster than the evo in, evo is almost 400lbs heavier btw

·
Registered
6,393 Posts

Here we GO!

·
Registered
778 Posts
for people that like to go to the track, drag strips, ect. and like to have lots of hp in general they should get the evo for others that dont go as much too the track drag strips ms3 is perfect and just with 4k you can have a very nicely balanced fast car

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I Vote 09 WRX...

Because he's a SRT-4 guy, likes to go straight and quickly, and 09 WRX = 13.5 and over 100mph stock while still handling decently.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts