Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think you guys have the photo radar set up outside a car/van (moble) on back roads and the such anymore. But I'll be driving up to Prince George then up the Cassiar Hwy up to Watson Lake and to Alaska, then back Dawson City, Watson Lake, Dawson Creek, Banff and then home. Are there many cops out in the middle of nowhere, or just around the bigger towns?
I'll be doing this May 18 through the end of the month! I'll be driving my F-150 so I won't be driving real fast! :p And I do have a radar detector!
Thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
2 Posts
You'll see the odd cop, but most often they are close to the cities/towns. The last few summers driving between Kelowna and Calgary I only ever saw any in Sicamous and then at an accident. So I basically bombed the whole trip in my mr2 and made great time.

Also, your radar detector will come in handy on the blind corners, assuming they're not using lazer. I've never encountered lazer anywhere in BC or AB though. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Living in the northern BC, i do the road to and from Dawson Creek often.. longest most boring 300miles ever! And at 100km >.< its painful. I can only really speak for what ive drove often, and there are cops all over. Our hwy guys can get bored whenever and they just love doing 3am drives. They know the blind spots, but alot of them drive with the radar on, so you can catch them coming a ways away. Oh, and we do have lazer up here, so watch out for that one, not a damn thing you can do if you hear that noise :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts