Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I live 150 miles from the nearest "speed" dealership. My local dealer (salesman) tells me that if I buy a Speed3 that they "can't touch it".

I understand that the non speed dealer can't do major engine stuff...... but shouldn't they be qualified for regular service?
Is my salesman trying to squeeze me into buying a 3s because he can't sell me a MS3?

I need to know FACTUALLY the answer to this question, it will make a big difference in my buying decision. I don't mind taking the car 150 miles for something "major"...... don't want to travel that far for a CEL.

P.S. I've emailed Mazda USA with this question and have not been answered. (great customer service!)

Thanks
Donald

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
get a speed...and a scanguage...that way you can read your on CELS and clear em...plus its a neat little fun toy

·
Registered
753 Posts
If your local dealer doesn't want to touch it, he doesn't have to. That salesman sounds pretty shady though. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to do most of the maintenance and repairs on that car. Talk to the service manager there for the real answer. You can always do maintenance yourself or through any local mechanic, and take it back to the dealer you bought it from if warranty work is needed. Just follow your owner's manual recommendations and you're covered.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If I had a Speed 3, I wouldnt go to a non Mazdaspeed dealer for fear of them wanting to take it for a joy ride, as they might never have had one before. I would imagine that they should be able to handle simple services like oil changes though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts