Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first problem (im assuming) resulting from my tranny mount fiasco has arisen. My shifter sticks on the right side whenever i push it like im going to put it in 5th or 6th gear. I have to sort of yank it from the right back into the middle, its still in neutral when its stuck on the right side tho.

Been in the shop all day and they still don't know what the problem is, they checked the linkage and fluid yada yada...

I'm sporting a ford minivan this time around.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
cars have their problems in their first year of production~~

your minivan got turbo and a 6 speed at least? lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
[quote author=SachielDesign link=topic=67070.msg1151569#msg1151569 date=1168919513]
The first problem (im assuming) resulting from my tranny mount fiasco has arisen. My shifter sticks on the right side whenever i push it like im going to put it in 5th or 6th gear. I have to sort of yank it from the right back into the middle, its still in neutral when its stuck on the right side tho.

Been in the shop all day and they still don't know what the problem is, they checked the linkage and fluid yada yada...

I'm sporting a ford minivan this time around.
[/quote]

Sux, man. So, did they give you that 100K extended warranty? Seems like now would be the time to ask if you didn't already.

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
They won't just give him an extended warranty without at least remedying the problem first. If he keeps encountering problem after problem, then I would inquire about it.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=kspec link=topic=67070.msg1151574#msg1151574 date=1168919585]

[/quote]

all cars have problems in all years of their production. Not much is really new on the speed 3 - had anyone else on the forum had this problem(the tranny mount issue) None AFAIK.

Sorry to hear it sachielDesign. Best of luck w/ it!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=67070.msg1151991#msg1151991 date=1168954995]

[/quote]

all cars have problems in all years of their production. Not much is really new on the speed 3 - had anyone else on the forum had this problem(the tranny mount issue) None AFAIK.

[/quote]

sorry to hear about your trouble. i wouldn't doubt it is related to the mount issue. I would push for extended warrenty. It is your money or theirs.
there are two others that i know of, at least that were reported on the forums. is the tranny not different than the one in the MS6?.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=67070.msg1152067#msg1152067 date=1168958799]
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=67070.msg1151991#msg1151991 date=1168954995]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sorry to hear about your trouble. i wouldn't doubt it is related to the mount issue. I would push for extended warrenty. It is your money or theirs.
there are two others that i know of, at least that were reported on the forums. is the tranny not different than the one in the MS6?.
[/quote]

The MS6 had different issues and none with the transmission mount. I think it was the bolts holding the rear axle or diff, but a number of people had that problem.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Won't the lemon law come into affect down the road if he has to keep taking his car into the shop over and over again because of problems that are results of the major breakage?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
lemon laws vary state to state, in my state the car needs to be in the shop for 30days or 3 times for the same problem. This all has to happen within the first 18k miles.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

AFAIK, someone else on this forum HAS had the same tranny problem as me, as well as someone on an austrailian forum. ALSO when i went back to my dealership to get the first free oil change I was informed that another speed3 sold from that dealer had the same exact thing happen to it...

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
If I were you, I would be working hard towards pushing for a full refund or another Mazda3. Since this one is BRAND NEW and has given you some serious mechanical problems right out of the box
my honest 2 cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts