Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had the official Mazda I-Pod adapter installed in a Speed3 yet? I asked my dealer about this and he said it wasn't an option in the Speed3. He said it was available in the normal 3... but it cost $300!! Is this true? Does anybody have any experience with this adapter?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Since the audio systems between the regular 3 and the Speed 3 are the same, the factory iPod adapter should work just fine. I can't offer any experiences with the adapter as I don't have one.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Your dealer is an idiot! The factory Mazda adapter will work just fine with any mazda from 2004 and up!

In fact i have one for sale in the market place section for $100. i used it to test with 04, 05 and 06 radios 07 is no different then the 06 radio. and they are not $300!!! tell them to pull there heads out.

Zc

·
Registered
67 Posts
The sound quality of the adapter is great, I have one. The only problem is figuring how to work it with the controls, it can be complicating but reading the instructions helps a lot. I recommend it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think I'll call around to dealerships in the area to see how much they'd charge to install it. If it's too expensive, I'll look into buying one and installing it myself.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=Speed3me link=topic=67505.msg1162455#msg1162455 date=1169488231]
Thanks. I think I'll call around to dealerships in the area to see how much they'd charge to install it. If it's too expensive, I'll look into buying one and installing it myself.
[/quote]

The dealer will probably charge an hour's labor to install one...... so maybe $100 or so. From the dealer the adapter is $120 (p/n C23679CFZ). Installing it is really easy, and probably the most difficult part is figuring out where you want the cable for the ipod to come out. So unless they'd install it for free I'd just do it yourself and save the hassle.

If you're going the OEM route I'd buy ZC's adapter before getting one from the dealer, but if you're curious about other options look HERE.

Oh and I agree with ZC, your dealer is an idiot.

·
Registered
419 Posts
You know you just gotta wonder about dealers like that. I mean these guys are the one servicing your car. how does that make you fell to have oh say your BRAKES done by guys like that? Lemme guess. brakes can't be replaced, you have to buy a whole new car.... :lol:

Zc

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, you have to keep in mind that I was asking this of my sales guy while I was in the process of buying my car on a Friday at 9:00pm (closing time). I actually mentioned it to him earlier that week and he said he'd look into it. I guess he forgot... and when I brought it up... he looked at some sheet that said it wasn't available in Speed3's?

I would probalby get a different answer if I talked to the Parts & Accessories guys. (But either way the Sales guy should know this). We'll see...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts