Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last car had a speed alert (i.e. set the speed and it nags you every time you exceed it :evil:) but the 3 doesn't have one or is offered as an accessory. There are aftermarket units available, but I want something that won't look out of place on the dash... any ideas?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Get married, you won't have to worry about getting one installed :)

Seriously though, those things are that small that you could pretty much hide it anywhere. Do MZ3 have a coin pocket next to the steering wheel?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife-o-meter has (thankfully) been on the blink since I got my last car ;). I don't know how much money (let alone points) the thing saved me (maybe the beep should have been a cha-ching!), but I have a suspicion the SP23 without speed alert will cost me some :twisted:

·
Registered
250 Posts
You could just set your cruise control to 59kmh just to make sure.

·
Registered
176 Posts
No offence to MZ3Stratos it would be a pain in the butt cruising around town with cruise control.

Sonic, I don't think that they are very expensive. If you are getting one it might pay to get it installed at the same time as Cruise Control if you are getting that as well. It would probably use alot of the same wiring.

You can get them from Autobarn (they are listed in the Acessories section under Cruise Control on their website) www.autobarn.com.au

I'm sure most other autoparts chains would probably sell them too.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had a look at the VDO Speed Alert at Autobarn. It has to be the worlds ugliest design. :( It would suit the interior of a Volvo 740 but I couldn't bring myself to put it in a MZ3.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The VDO one is the only one I've seen locally, and I agree it's ugly :? . There are some nice one's around the web but they have GPS and all sorts of other crud built in I don't want/need. Can anyone suggest a unit that looks the part ? Can those that have their 3 suggest _where_ it could be tastefully but functionally positioned?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts