Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Morel and Lotus? Ha ... I've never heard a 6x9 or component speaker that can beat my MBQ's. Instant ear bleed out-of-the-box! Every other speaker needs gain increase adjustments, my MBQ's are the only speakers I ever had to tune DOWN because they were so precise and powerful. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
lol. my choice of drivers hasn't been picked for the purpose of getting loud (although they are VERY capable of doing so), but rather, for all-out sq. the supremo tweets themselves are large format tweets and only come as a matched pair..the things have a 4" diameter. these are definitely going in kicks...or possibly custom dash pods if they'll fit. the seas lotus mids are highly praised by the diy home audio crowd as the most precise and transparent mid ever...and i must agree...the midrange is the best i have yet to hear in a car application.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mmmmm... thread mining...

Any updates on confirmed size of speakers?
I'm not much of an audiophile, but I'm looking for some speaker recommendations. Want to keep them under $150/pair. Currently my pathetic little car is running Infinity Kappas which sound OK to me. But I wonder if there is a better bang for the buck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
no updates that i've seen..guess we'll just have to keep waiting for the time being.

as for speaker recommendations...there's no way of knowing how you like your music to sound, so it's pretty hard to recommend speakers for you. for me personally though? if i was in the market for a $150 set of comps, i'd consider cdt cl-61a's from www.thezeb.com for a pre-made set....or go the diy route (preferred route here) where i'd have a multitude of different drivers to choose from. hope that helps.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.