Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m due to get my spark plugs replaced. I already have the new part but do i need anything else? Like Wires or coils ?
Im new to this car stuff so anything helps.
2005 Mazda 3i 2.0L

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nothing special is needed. How many miles on the vehicle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Assuming you are doing it yourself, you need a special bit for your wrench that has a rubber gasket for pulling the unscrewed spark plug from the engine. Also I found it easier to tape that bit to the extension so you don't lose it in the engine.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Have you owned the car before 60K miles? The O2 sensors should be replaced around every 60K, so you might address them as well. IIRC, the coolant should be flushed every 80K (or three years). Just a few things to think about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you owned the car before 60K miles? The O2 sensors should be replaced around every 60K, so you might address them as well. IIRC, the coolant should be flushed every 80K (or three years). Just a few things to think about.
I have new oxygen sensors in there. I bought the car at 80k now I’m not 100k. Gonna do the fluid flushing as well thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can also stuff a napkin into the end of a socket that fits the plugs. Not ideal in the long run but works. Also, take a look at the accessory belts and pulley.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts