Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on the Mazda6 forum and it works for the Mazda3:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=2300&st=0&p=55368&#entry55368

Yes, this does work and I actually used it to program a 3rd remote for my Mazda3i (with power door locks).  8)
*NOTE*
Have all the remotes that you are going to be using, maximum of 3, with you when you do this programming as all of them have to be reprogrammed into memory.

Step 1: Open driver side door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn Key to ON position and return to Lock (off) position.  Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. LEAVE key in the ignition in Lock (off) position.

Step 5: Close and open the drivers door 3 times. Leave door open after this step

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors once.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice.  ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Additional remotes, repeat Step 7 for up to 3 remotes total.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series (about 4) of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

Sticky this please...

NOTE: Sticky it is. Should it be here or in another section, like the one where you learn how to program a key? Dinu

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sounds like a whole lot of useless steps.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
98LX said:
Sounds like a whole lot of nonsence.
Yeah, sure does sound like a lot of nonsense until you have to program a 3rd remote. Then you discover it works. 8) The other instructions that were floating around here were for the Mazda Millenia and a few other Mazdas, but they don't work; the MZ6 instructions do work for the MZ3. Though I think you need power door locks for this to work, which I do have, but someone without power door locks will have to tell us if it doesn't work for them. You can test it out yourself to see if it works and post your results, but I know for sure it worked for me. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
is there ways to program in to open all the windows as well? or close the sunroof?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heliotropic said:
Uh, if you don't have power door locks how is a keyless remote going to work in the first place?
Just covering all my bases, you know someone with out power door locks will eventually ask how to program a keyless remote. :lol:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ando said:
Do you buy an unprogrammed remote from the dealer?
Or are aftermarket remotes compatible?
You can buy it from the dealer or buy the same ones off of ebay.

·
Registered
222 Posts
can someone let me know what is the model number of the remote you guys in NA has?

I'm buying a remote for the Protege off eBay and the model number of the remote is 41706.

The remotes we have in Singapore does not come with the panic button and is labeled Model number 41835 on the casing and model number 41803 on the PCB.

I'm trying to see if this programming trick works for SG MZ3s.

Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Hmmm, someone needs to see if they can program their Mazda3s sedan with a keyfob from a Mazda6 sedan...

I want a remote trunk release on the keyfob!!!

Maybe if you have a good rapport with your dealership, they'll let you try for free?

Probably not :(

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
limck said:
can someone let me know what is the model number of the remote you guys in NA has?

I'm buying a remote for the Protege off eBay and the model number of the remote is 41706.

The remotes we have in Singapore does not come with the panic button and is labeled Model number 41835 on the casing and model number 41803 on the PCB.

I'm trying to see if this programming trick works for SG MZ3s.

Thanks in advance. :D
Visteon Model 41846
FCC ID: KPU41846
IC: 4238A-41846

·
Registered
222 Posts
dhl said:
Visteon Model 41846
Thanks for the info.

Does your remote has the panic button?
Did you get the extra remote from your dealer or off eBay?

sorry for all these questions. :D

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
limck said:
dhl said:
Visteon Model 41846
Thanks for the info.

Does your remote has the panic button?
Did you get the extra remote from your dealer or off eBay?

sorry for all these questions. :D
Yes it includes the panic button. I got 2 from the dealer when I bought the car and I have purchased another off of Ebay.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
limck said:
dhl said:
Yes it includes the panic button. I got 2 from the dealer when I bought the car and I have purchased another off of Ebay.
so the one u got off eBay is for the protege?
Nope, it was a genuine Mazda3 remote with all the same specs I listed earlier.

·
Registered
222 Posts
dhl said:
limck said:
dhl said:
so the one u got off eBay is for the protege?
Nope, it was a genuine Mazda3 remote with all the same specs I listed earlier.
ok. can't seem to find any of that on eBay currently. :(

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
limck said:
The remotes we have in Singapore does not come with the panic button........
limck, would it be possible for you to post a picture of your remote without the panic button? I'm curious to see if it looks like the one on the Axela' options page. Thanks in advance, Greg

·
Registered
222 Posts
klavergreg said:
limck said:
The remotes we have in Singapore does not come with the panic button........
limck, would it be possible for you to post a picture of your remote without the panic button? I'm curious to see if it looks like the one on the Axela' options page. Thanks in advance, Greg
here's my remote. not the same as the one in the options page.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts