Mazda3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Supernova3,
Doesnt the Maxx Sport come with the colour keyed front grill ?
I assumed, because the accesories page says its for Maxx and Neo models that it came on the Maxx Sport and the pics shown of MEL Motorshow, show a Maxx Sport Hatch with the colour keyed grill.

Lancair

· Registered
308 Posts
Debate?

Both Olorin and myself are stating the SP23 grille won't fit on the Neo/Maxx hatch.

It may well do so on the sedan. Although if your turning your Maxx into an SP why not just buy the SP? It works out cheaper than buying all the accessories to pretend its an SP and you get the better engine.

· Registered
100 Posts
My car is still under $30K on road. Isn't the SP23 like $32K or something on road? I only wish I had a few extra thousand to spend, unfortunately im on a really tight budget :cry:

and thanks for the clarification - misundertood you's.

· Registered
520 Posts
no prob! :D just wishing to help.

good to see you got an alarm and the cloth/paint protection for your vehicle. with some bargaining i'm sure you could have gotten the auto sp23 for below 30... the manual sp23 is 29990 or something. (although how long you would have to wait... one would need time lag photography to show how long) ;)

post up some pics when you get the car... 7 more sleeps to go!

· Registered
520 Posts
hehe. you're right spook. what the heck was i thinking!? :roll: i must remember its "on-road price".... my invoice for the atx sp23 was a shade under 30 (excl dealer/stamp duty etc)... hence the confusion on my part.

apologies to supernova3 for possibly raising your hopes. my bad. :(

· Registered
253 Posts
in my opinion, i dont think max or neo should be able to get the sp23 grill, only because each model should be exclusive. Its like buying a volkswagon and changing the body to look like a porche, its just not on.

On the other hand I do UNDERSTAND YOUR REASONS FOR WANTING THE GRILL. mY THOGHTS ON THAT IS THAT THE SP23 GRILL ONLY REALLY LOOKS GOOD WITH THE REST OF THE BODY KIT. THE NEO OR MAX MAY LOOK A LITTLE OUT OF PLACE...

· Registered
253 Posts
Sorry caplocks was on when I was typing DOhh!!!!!!

· Registered
308 Posts
Agreed, there should be exclusivity for the SP23, as it is the SP hatch grille is not able to be placed on non SP hatches, and everything that can is lots of money. Even fitting the SP grille onto non SP sedans will be about $400-$500 dollars.

At the end of the day all the cosmetic changes to make a non SP model look SP are expensive compared to just buying the SP and the most important alteration is unavailable - the 2.3 litre engine.

· Registered
100 Posts
that's not the mentality i had though when i ordered my car. i knew straight off i couldn't afford an SP, and I just didn't like the stock grille on the maxx. so i asked for it to be changed. im not trying to pretend i have an SP, coz that would be cheesy (i didn't ask for clear tails or 17" alloys). it's a simple case of me liking the sports grille over the existing one. and i hear what you're saying about the exclusivity of the SP, and i agree, so anyone else out there getting a maxx, DON'T CHANGE YOUR GRILLE as a matter of principle. :D

· Registered
650 Posts
I'm gunna put 15" steel wheels, hub caps, Neo grille and rip ouf my spoiler on my Maxx Sport so it looks like a Neo. And because it's the hatch I might pick up some grannies at the local retirement village and take them down to Brighton for a cruise.

· Registered
743 Posts
Still missing the bottom piece... but it doesn't look too bad in a different colour.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.