Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
We shall find out in a few hours, hopefully. But we know this is what it will have:

2.3L engine from the MZ6 (obviously)
All the features from the Maxx (Power Pack + Safety Pack)
(ie Power pack: power windows/mirrors; Safety Pack: 6 airbags + ABS with EBD)
Remote Central locking
6 CD stacker
17" alloy wheels
Climate control air conditioning
Sports body kit

Was informed before that cruise control was not std on any of the models, but should be available as an option. Leather and Sat-Nav not available as options.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Spook said:
...2.3L engine from the MZ6 (obviously)
I'll just add that this engine will be detuned from the MZ6 to support unleaded petrol.

Some details on the difference between the 2.0 and 2.3 engines available in the MZ3 can be found at:
http://groups.msn.com/BrunoLuong/specsengines.msnw

The improvement the 2.3 gives over the 2.0 seems bigger in Japan than Australia. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm intending a test drive of both to get a proper feel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will cry hear the SP23 will have options like sat-nav, leather and sunroof. Leather as standard for SP23 ?

How about xenon/HID option ? Available or not ?

We always get detuned version here......... Remember the WRX and integra sold in japan much stronger than sold here.........

Rather than buy accord euro matic the entry level one better buy mazda3 with a large price gap.........(i hope much cheaper). I heard the mazda 3 full options in USA can beat acura tsx (accord euro).

I will go to the dealer this weekend and have a look.

Thankz mate,

Dan

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nope - no Sat-Nav and no leather - pretty sure about that. Dunno about xenon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How bout metallic paint ?? do cars come with standard metallic paint or is that another option we have to pay extra for.??

·
Registered
372 Posts
Based on current Mazda philosophy, metallic/mica paint should be no additional cost.

From the info at the launch, sounds like no sunroof and no xenon either. Those are big ticket items so I'd imagine they would be mentioned if they are standard. But hey, you do get the SP23 badges, which if the Syd Motor Show is anything to go by, will be on the side of the driver and front passenger doors.

The 2.3L from the MZ6, apart from being detuned to cope with running on unleaded, also has less power due to the single exhaust as opposed to the dual ones in the 6.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't think the exhaust makes much difference, the 6 has the exhaust manifold running to a single pipe then it splits to a dual system in the rear. If anything I would think the simpler single pipe arrangement should assist flow :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
AlmostExactly said:
The improvement the 2.3 gives over the 2.0 seems bigger in Japan than Australia. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm intending a test drive of both to get a proper feel.
In Japan, I think their regular fuel is something like 95 RON and their Premium is over 100 RON

Australia regular fuel is 91 RON and 98 RON for Premium

Differnet tuning for different fuel would account for much of the power difference I would think

·
Registered
6 Posts
yep, mazda claim that the power can be recovered by putting PULP or Optimax (or equiv 98 RON) in, however the full power will never be recovered unless the ECU is specifically retuned to take advantage of the higher octane fuel.

You will get some power increase by putting in 98 RON tho... just not as much as the MZ6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts