Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that the sp23 hatch get the clear tail lights, and the sp23 sedan don't???

If soo, why is that??? I feel ripped off now!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Looking at olorin's pictures of his SP23 sedan you get the clear tail lights. I'm pretty sure the Neo, Maxx and Maxx Sport are the models with the red tail lights in both hatch and sedan.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve -o

Olorin...

Do your tail lights have the red and yellow circles for the brake/indicator?

Or is it just clear???

I was looking at the specs for the hatch and sedan on the mazda site, and it says that only the hatch has the LED brake lights...

·
Registered
519 Posts
oh yeah... i forgot to take piccies of the back... to be honest, i'm not sure to which you are referring. but i'll take a couple more shots (i still owe m6gr8 some shots of the engine bay) tomorrow after work.

the tail lights are clear, but apart from making sure that they light up when i flip the switches i've not bothered much with the lights. :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry bout tje multiple links,

Can't seem to figure out how to post pics..

:oops: :oops:

·
Registered
252 Posts
According to the specs, only the hatch gets the LED tail lights. :( You've gotta wonder if the hatch's LED tail lights + spoiler is equal in value to the clear tail lights + lip spoiler!

·
Registered
519 Posts
i choose option number 2, eddie...

yes... i think i'll lock that in....

now... a quick perusal of the mazda au site has failed to turn up info re: the LED taillights (apart from listing them as an option for the hatch)... so can someone enlighten this uneducated person? (i.e. me!) :oops: :oops:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Olorin: so urs has the tail lights that are clear, but with the red and yellow lens for the brake/indicator?

I think the LED's are only available for the hatch...

That's why i think it's a rip off we dun get that option!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thats right, the LED's are standard on the SP23 hatch. I suspect its due to the entirely different body panels on the sedan and hatches.

At the end of the day you've got to weigh up the whole package, I chose the Hatch but not due to the LED's, they're simply a bonus.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i guess what i meant to ask is what is so special about LEDs?

do they last longer? are they brighter? etc... i guess the mazda site is very short on specifics. it never bothered me because i never knew :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do they last longer? are they brighter? etc... i guess the mazda site is very short on specifics. it never bothered me because i never knew
All of the above....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts