Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a Velocity Red SP23 and was looking forward to replacing the lip spoiler with the more pronounced wing spoiler. However, the dealer tells me that the drill holes for the lip spoiler are in a different position than those for the wing spoiler, so the new spoiler will require patching and respraying the boot. Worse siill, it can't be changed at the factory. :(

Has anyone else been given this info? I've heard of dealers swapping boots from MAXX and Neos but the dealer doesn't seem interested.

M

·
0 Posts
It is do-able.

But only if the dealer has a vehicle with a wing spoiler and a lip spoiler of the same colour, and they can just swap them with each other.

Alternatatively, they can order it in, because it is on the accessary list.

So it is do-able, bt your salesman just couldn't be bothered doing it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am getting a strata blue sedan sp23 with a wing and they said they will just get a normal maxx boot and swap it with my boot and lip and then install a wing on my boot from the maxx.

I also had problems with this one untill I just said listen is the wing an option on the sp23 or not? and they will have to say yes because it is an optionaccesory for the sp23 on the mazda australia website.

The salesman would rather just sell the car with the lip because it is less work for them... trust me they can do and dont let them charge you instalation.

M

·
0 Posts
Thats why with some of the salesman, you just have to be tough and firm and tell them what you want.

Don't let them tell you what you can and can't have, tell them what you want. Your the customer, and at the end of the day, a sale is better than nothing to them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I asked 2 dealers about this. 1 dealer said can't be done due to the bolting etc... the other 1 said it can be done for $1200. I said don't worry :) . High labour costs I guess since the accessory only costs $200+ on teh Mazda website

·
Registered
81 Posts
the reason he quoted you $1200 was because the cost of a new boot is almost that much... but yeah if you can get a lower model 3 of the same colour, they should be able to swap the boot and put on the spoiler for ya no worries.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mazda3Stratos said:
I am getting a strata blue sedan sp23 with a wing and they said they will just get a normal maxx boot and swap it with my boot and lip and then install a wing on my boot from the maxx.

I also had problems with this one untill I just said listen is the wing an option on the sp23 or not? and they will have to say yes because it is an optionaccesory for the sp23 on the mazda australia website.

The salesman would rather just sell the car with the lip because it is less work for them... trust me they can do and dont let them charge you instalation.
Exactly my problem today. The boot swapping exercise was going to add another month or so onto the 4 month wait. Since the colour I wanted was so called 'rare'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts