Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 mazda 3 2.3l (sedar 4dr). I'm planning to trubo it, I've been looking for Fuel Injectors but there is nothing out there, there are OEMs but I want something like 440cc, correct me if I'm wrong. Also besides the fuel injectors, what else should I upgrade, so it can be ready for the turbo? I upgraded the oil filter housing, since mine came with a weird style of housing, I also installed some gauges (none of them working currently) I'm just preparing my car for the turbo install. Any tips are welcome!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
At the very least, I recommend getting a copy of the factory service manual, so you can review all the components of the MazdaSpeed 2.3L engine. When you say "upgraded" the oil filter housing, does that include adding an oil cooler? Reviewing the construction of the MazdaSpeed3 you ought to get a better idea of whether modifications or an engine/car swap are more realistic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would suggest oil cooler as stated above, and if you don’t have new hoses to upgrade because it’s a bitch changing hoses when you have more stuff in the way and dont forget to change the hose that runs along the manifold and change out the hose clamps to stronger clamps, I was planning on boosting mine until a buddy of mine blew his engine, just take it easy, make sure your fan works, no leaks, and good hoses, when you turbo it lmk I wanna see how it goes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts