Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the two has a better sound system, and which one puts out more bass?

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
315 Posts
There seems to be more distortion in the male voice area with the 3. My gf's Civic doesn't seem to have a problem with distortion at any of its playable frequencies, but the doors do rattle on the lower notes.

All in all, its like comparing rotten apples to rotten oranges.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Who cares?

Would you actually chose a car based on its sound system?

I'd care more about the mechanical bits first, then the extras. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, because replacing an engine is much harder than replacing speakers. The sound system can always be changed if you find it inadequate.

·
Registered
90 Posts
we cant compare honda civic to mazda3. not even close.

rotten apples to rotten oranges - LOL! :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm not asking which car is better, I alreadly know, my mind is made up on the 3, I just want to get an idea of how good the system is in the 3, I know I can replace it, I just heard the system in the Civics and I want to compare the systems. I know that the 3 completely outclasses the damn Civic.

·
Registered
889 Posts
VraiDiouf said:
Well I'm not asking which car is better, I alreadly know, my mind is made up on the 3, I just want to get an idea of how good the system is in the 3, I know I can replace it, I just heard the system in the Civics and I want to compare the systems. I know that the 3 completely outclasses the damn Civic.
I have never sat in a Civic but the MZ3's sound system is o.k. Most people will upgrade it anyway. I really don't listen to music in my car, mostly just Lex and Terry on Drunk bitch Fridays. :p I prefer to listen to the engine :wink:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Both stock systems suck, period.

Go all aftermarket. No stock system can play loud and clean.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vaBooM said:

Look at the high-end cars, like Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only Mazda system I have ever heard is the Mazda MPV minivans in 2001. It sounded purrty good to me.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
VraiDiouf said:
vaBooM said:

Look at the high-end cars, like Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.
Your ears arent remotely like mine. My aunts Benz sounds like crap. My uncle dont really car but she feels the same way.

High end cars dont mean their systems will beat aftermarket. Yeah I will admit they are clean, but will they play louder than aftermarket? Heck no.

And that damn option was EXPENSIVE! She paid like $2400.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dad got his Bose system standard on his Mercedes ML55 AMG. It has 9 speakers and 1 10" sub from Bose. Lexus' Mark Levinson system is supposedly a very formidable sound system.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
More speakers doesnt mean it will be louder, or cleaner.

2 well setup components and a 10" aftermarket sub will kill that system easy. Expensive cars usually come with decent systems. They figure your not going to replace it, because if you could afford the car you can afford a bad ass stereo.

Most people can care less.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yup yup. And especially when your budget is limited, the fewer the drivers the better!

My previous system had a set of Focal components in the front and a single JL 10W6 in a sealed enclosure. I removed ther rear deck speakers to let the bass vent through better. Everything was powered by a MTX 4600X (37.5 by 4, :wink: ) I really liked the results.

Of course, I had a guy with Pioneer triaxes in the back trying to convince me that since he had more drivers, his sound was better. An that since two 6x9s had more cone area than a single 10, that he had better bass.

Oh well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, I guess the overall condition is that the Honda Civic puts out more bass than the Mazda3. It doesn't matter though, because the Mazda3 is a much better car than the Civic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts