Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm kinda noob with wires and stuff so i'll just try my best to explain what i want for my car
basically i just want to keep my stock deck and all that..
all i want to add is a subwoofer for more bass
i was looking at Stealth Boxes and am considering to purchase one..
i just want to know, will our stock amps be able to support a subwoofer?
i'm 2008 gt mazda 3 hatch
(No Bose sound system)

·
Registered
358 Posts
You want more Bass?? Isnt that whopping 5 1/2 underneath the passenger seat enough... geez j/k Anyways no the stock amp will not be enough to support another sub. You will neec to ad another amp

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 2008 is the Canadian edition..no sub under passenger seat =(
i was thinking of getting the Infiniti 8" Sub 850W..any opinions on this brand?
and also, for the amp, would i just need a 1 channel amp? whats a reliable brand for an amp?
i'm not looking into any big brand names, just want it to be affordable haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you only want more bass clarity, the 8" infiniti subs works fine, you just need to have a decent amp to feed it, i recommend you put a sealed box for the subs that can be installed on your trunk...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i decided to go with the Infinity Basslink.
10" Self-amplified Subwoofer.
basically the amp is attached with the subwoofer in an enclosed box. all in one =)
all for the price of 220 canadian! =)
any one have any experiences with this sub?
or know anyone who has had this setup?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had that in a previous car. Not exactly thundering bass but it does its job and is overall worthy for its size and price point.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would advise against 8" subs, as there are very few that do not sound good without the perfect box. For the type of music I listen to (anything but rap/hip hop), 10" subs have the best sound. They have a tighter response, so faster moving music, like rock, or even techno will sound crisper.

As for the Basslink, at that price, you aren't going to find much else, but it is a pretty weak setup compared to one you can build yourself with a few hundred more dollars.

Good luck with the system!

·
Registered
760 Posts
[quote author=soaptray link=topic=135213.msg2922990#msg2922990 date=1234159340]
I would advise against 8" subs, as there are very few that do not sound good without the perfect box. For the type of music I listen to (anything but rap/hip hop), 10" subs have the best sound. They have a tighter response, so faster moving music, like rock, or even techno will sound crisper.

As for the Basslink, at that price, you aren't going to find much else, but it is a pretty weak setup compared to one you can build yourself with a few hundred more dollars.

Good luck with the system!
[/quote]

Actually, an 18" sub can be just as fast and responsive as a 8 " sub. It's all about building the proper box for the sub. It's a myth that smaller subs are better for certain types of music.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts