Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ups everybody!

I have a question about sound systems especially for the mazda 3. I have the basic model 2005 mazda 3 and I want to put a sound system in my car. I will be ordering the Grom Ipod adapter soon and I just want a sound system that is reliable and suited great for a mazda 3. I'm trying not to spend more than 3 hundred dollars for a whole system and I was just wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations like what brand I should get, and such. Links to sound manufacturers or sites with cheap systems will be much helpful. Hope to hear from yall!

·
Registered
413 Posts
are you wanting speakers, sub and amp? if so, good luck. i have a cousin in the wholesale biz and so i sell to some people around town and even at those prices, what you said, assuming you want what i mentioned, is pretty impossible.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You'll find a lot of different opinions on where to start. Some may say you need a new HU, but you've already invested in the GROM adapter and you can get good sound using the OEM HU.

If I had a budget of $300, I would start with an amp and some decent 6.5" component speakers to upgrade the front. You might find a decent 4-channel amp, that way if you get a small sub later, you can power it with the same amp.

Another possible place to start with your budget would be to add an amp and a sub, while keeping the existing speakers running off of the factory HU, and upgrade speakers later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=speeedbump link=topic=140378.msg3027565#msg3027565 date=1238447785]
You'll find a lot of different opinions on where to start. Some may say you need a new HU, but you've already invested in the GROM adapter and you can get good sound using the OEM HU.

If I had a budget of $300, I would start with an amp and some decent 6.5" component speakers to upgrade the front. You might find a decent 4-channel amp, that way if you get a small sub later, you can power it with the same amp.

Another possible place to start with your budget would be to add an amp and a sub, while keeping the existing speakers running off of the factory HU, and upgrade speakers later.
[/quote]

Thanks man!

Yeh I plan on keeping the OEM HU for now just so I can save up for other upgrades later. So I guess I'll start by looking for an amp and try looking for a sub somewhere around my budget.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts