Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well long story short the camaro i have driven for two years now is just too old, to beat, and too cancerous (never go to school in the salt belt with a car that is only 2-3inchs off the ground) to really be worth putting back together, not to mention gas prices. (she does okay, about 16mpg hard core city, and 25-27mpg on the highway at 85mph for about 400+miles depending on wind and how heavy my foot becomes) So long story short i am looking very hard at the Mazda three (US Spec) 5door manual. I am not much of one for options and quite frankly base the hatch comes with more than i want, but everyone does all these damned packages so its hard to get exactly what you want. (heck i wish there was an A/C delete option and a manual windows and locks wouldn't be bad either.) So i would be getting a base 5door 5spd. What have you guys seen these go for, or bought them for? I mean i figure around 17.5 should cover it, but who knows. Gimme some feed back, and thanks for the looks see, hope to become a memeber. (assumeing that RX8 i drove doesn't magically appear in my driveway) 8)

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
i don't see why you want the 5 door but then can do without A/C and power options... i mean - who wants to crank windows anymore? :)

Anyway, I think the problem you're going to run into is finding a S5-door without any add-ons. At the dealerships that I was visiting when I was recently looking for my car (I was going for an 4-door) ... the hatchbacks all had goodies out the wazoo. Many were going for around $23K. I don't recall seing a single hatchback with no add-ons.

I'm slightly confused about $17K to "cover it." ... I guess you should budget a bit more for taxes, title, manditory dealership fees, etc... but $17K seems kind of high if you're just talking about the price of a base 5-door.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually i was mentioning that i wish there was an option to remove such items, they come standard with a/c, power locks and windows, steering mounted radio controls, ect and some of that i wish i could order them without. Anyway i know about tax, i was just wondering how likely i am to get the msrp on one if i were to find what i want on the lot. 8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dont aim toward MSRP :roll: . Aim toward INVOICE (heh heh). The invoice price on a base 3 hatchback with no options (not even moonroof or sport package.......which may be hard to find) is about $16,300. What many people don't realize is that you can talk the dealer down very close to invoice. Just throw the MSRP out the window when you're looking for a new car. That's the price that the dealer WANTS you to negotiate with. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i have seen some mark up so i was hoping at the very least for msrp, but if people are getting invoice or close to it, then i have a bigger budget for goodies i guess. 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Hey

1991CavalierBaby said:
I got a mazda 3 5 door with ABS package and moonroof + 6 cd package.

Solar Yellow Hatchback:

19,135 sticker
17,790 invoice
16,767 is what I got it down to. + TTL

www.edmunds.com for invoice... its the most accurate Ive found.
Hey 91Cav, which dealership did you go to? I am up in the algonquin, crystal lake area for a few more months right now, so it would be cool if i could hit up the same place. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.