Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to own the car for quite some time, and considering of buying the 84/160000 at 1450+tax, anyone got some sort of warrenty?

·
Registered
432 Posts
i bought the 3-yr extended warranty at time of purchase..... but cancelled it 2 weeks ago..

probably won't keep the car for as long as i thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I plan to own my car until it drops dead with around 400,000 km.

I also did not purchase the extended warrantee.

I believe them to be nothing but a complete rip-off. In my experience, $1450 pays for a lot of repairs (and more if you're a DYI), and there is no way in hell that a new Japanese car ought to cost you that much in repairs in the first 7yrs/160,000kms of it's life. If there are any major factory flaws, they ought to crop up in the first 3yrs/80,000km. After that, it's all about regular maintenance and not abusing it.

Sales managers prey on people's paranoia and lack of mechanical ability in order to sell extended warrantees. When my salesguy tried it, I just asked him if he thought that the car he was selling me was a hunk of junk, because that's the only reason that I would bother with an extended warrantee. He let it drop.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought my car on 6 year financing. As such, I went with the 72 month/160,000km Comprehensive Warranty ($1,350 IIRC). I've seen all sorts of equipment from both good and less reputable manufacturers break down for odd reasons in and out of warranty. I don't see how a car would be any different.

I used to work for a local computer store and ended up getting let go because I didn't sell enough extended warranties. I know how much money they tend to make for the retailers, but I also believe in them on expensive purchases.

It comes down to your own personal opinion as to whether you're willing to take the chance that something could break down out of warranty versus spending the money up-front and not ever using it (much like insurance).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased my Mazda3 on a 4 year payment plan so I opted for an extra year of coverage on the warranty. My thoughts are that as long as I am making monthly payments on the car, I want to it to be covered for any major expenses.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I purchased my Mazda3 on a 4 year payment plan so I opted for an extra year of coverage on the warranty. My thoughts are that as long as I am making monthly payments on the car, I want to it to be covered for any major expenses.
That's my thinking too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts