Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics I took yesterday aft of the new tint on my 2014 (overcast skies). Hoping to get proper pics in the sun tomorrow.

15% Formula One Pinnacle Tint

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
That looks great! Too bad here in Quebec basically can't legally tint the front windows (what we can do is barley anything)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the pix. Just ordered my 2014 Mazda3 GT sedan (tech/luxury) in the Crystal Blue Mica and with 20% tint all around. Your pix help visualize that look for me.

·
Registered
874 Posts
if possible do the whole windshield so everything blends in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
if possible do the whole windshield so everything blends in.
It's illegal to put any kind of dark tint on the windshield more than 6in from the top, or the AS1 line, whichever is shorter. What I was referring to was a product the same company makes called Air80 that is clear and designed specifically for the windshield. It has the same ceramics & other heat/UV blockers to help keep the car cool & dash/steering wheel pretty.

Some people do put a band of same color tint on the top of the w/s for the glare between the sun visors, but it's mostly aesthetic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. F1 Pinnacle is the way to go. You think about doin the windshield?
Thanks for the pix. Just ordered my 2014 Mazda3 GT sedan (tech/luxury) in the Crystal Blue Mica and with 20% tint all around. Your pix help visualize that look for me.
It's illegal to put any kind of dark tint on the windshield more than 6in from the top, or the AS1 line, whichever is shorter. What I was referring to was a product the same company makes called Air80 that is clear and designed specifically for the windshield. It has the same ceramics & other heat/UV blockers to help keep the car cool & dash/steering wheel pretty.

Some people do put a band of same color tint on the top of the w/s for the glare between the sun visors, but it's mostly aesthetic.
Thanks guys! I'm still deciding on the windshield and the sunroof. Most likely will get both tint shortly to even everything out. The shop that did the tinting has Llumar AirBlue 80 window film that fromProtegeTo3 was talking about.

Also, as promised - pics in the sun :)

·
Registered
874 Posts

i know it is illegal, i was also referring to the same thing. I have an solargard ceramic tint 70% in front of my windshield for 2 years now. Very clear at night and really helps to deflect heat. Also you can hardly tell at all that you have a full windshield tint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you ever have issues seeing through the 15% at night? Thinking of going with a 15% ceramic on my Mazda 3 but I want to ensure I will still be able to drive safely at night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts