Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....so I get rid of my PT Cruiser GT because of the crappy mileage, ungodly maintenance costs, and the constant worry about the lack of reliability and get this awesome little 3. STILL LOVE IT. BUT....I was curious. Just wanted to see what the dealer was selling my old car for.

I bought it about 13 months ago at a steal for $10,400 with only 24,000 miles on it. Turbo, etc. I trade it in and figured they couldn't get much for it. So when they offer me 9500 for it, I was floored.

NOW...they are trying to sell it discounted to $11,999. COME ON!!! It has almost 40,000 on it, tires that need to be replaced. Tranny is getting bad.

$1500 more. Hell I didn't know that PT Cruisers get more expensive over the years.......shoulda kept it! :lol:

http://www.shepardchevrolet.com/invDetail.php?vin=3C8FY78G25T641480&vStatus=2

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the point is they are tying to sell it for more than $1500 more than what I paid for it more than a year ago. I understand they sell it for more than what I got in trade.

Cars, especially the PT Cruiser, don't APPRECIATE a year later.

·
Registered
778 Posts
did you sell it back to the same place you bought it from?

·
Registered
879 Posts
you originally bought it were? from a dealer or individual? you yourself said you bought it for a steal, so chances are you paid much less than the going rate.

I just got an 07 s HB for $13.5K.. which i smuch less than other dealers around here.

it depends on how you paid for it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought the PT from a Honda dealer last January when the market was damn good. Paid WELL less than retail for it. Sold it to a Chevy dealer where I got the 3 Hatchback. Trade-in was WELL over what I should have got.

I just think it's ironic that someone is trying to sell a car that I bought for 10,400 last January for almost $1500 more in a crappy market now, 13 months later.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hahaha that's crazy.

i guess since they took them out of production they're rarity has increased?

but who would want one...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=slyons89 link=topic=138337.msg2983106#msg2983106 date=1236611080]
but who would want one...
[/quote]
HEY NOW!! At one point and time, I Did! DID....not anymore, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts