Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once upon a time I was having an electrical problem. I took it to the stealership who told me that I needed a new wiring harness and it wasn't going to be covered by my extended warranty. They wanted to charge me $2500 for the harness and $500 in labor. I made one heck of a scene and let every prospective customer know the worthlessness of the extended warranty. The service manager came over and told me that if I could find a harness myself they would install it for $300. I ran home and found one on "that auction site" and ordered it. While waiting for it to arrive I extracted my cranium from my rectum and troubleshot the problem. A few hours and one ten cent piece of wire later the problem was solved. Then the wiring harness arrived.

Ten years later...The wife and I are cleaning the garage and it seems that my store of Mazda parts have grown beyond a single storage shelf. I'm looking to let go of my Gen 1 Speed engine wiring harness (it appears to only be missing a single connector near the alternator) for $50 plus shipping. I'm discounting it because after taking a look at it there is one connector missing, I believe that it is a connector near the alternator but I'm only guessing after laying the harness over my engine and trying to map out where everything goes.
IMG_2600.JPG IMG_2594.JPG IMG_2595.JPG IMG_2596.JPG IMG_2597.JPG IMG_2597.JPG IMG_2598.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Once upon a time I was having an electrical problem. I took it to the stealership who told me that I needed a new wiring harness and it wasn't going to be covered by my extended warranty. They wanted to charge me $2500 for the harness and $500 in labor. I made one heck of a scene and let every prospective customer know the worthlessness of the extended warranty. The service manager came over and told me that if I could find a harness myself they would install it for $300. I ran home and found one on "that auction site" and ordered it. While waiting for it to arrive I extracted my cranium from my rectum and troubleshot the problem. A few hours and one ten cent piece of wire later the problem was solved. Then the wiring harness arrived.

Ten years later...The wife and I are cleaning the garage and it seems that my store of Mazda parts have grown beyond a single storage shelf. I'm looking to let go of my Gen 1 Speed engine wiring harness (it appears to only be missing a single connector near the alternator) for $50 plus shipping. I'm discounting it because after taking a look at it there is one connector missing, I believe that it is a connector near the alternator but I'm only guessing after laying the harness over my engine and trying to map out where everything goes.
View attachment 105581 View attachment 105582 View attachment 105583 View attachment 105584 View attachment 105585 View attachment 105585 View attachment 105586
Do you still have this? I'd take it off your hands

Please let me know

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do still have it. PM me your address so I can get a quote for shipping and let you know the total.
Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts