Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going if work will allow. Motel 8 in Adel is $49/night with free continental bfast, 2 beds, frig, and microwave. Running HS in 04 Mazda3 S.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I don't plan on driving 16+ hours... however, I can get a free plane ticket, I got a place to stay in Atlanta (again, free). I thought they had the Tour in Atlanta last year... why can't it be same this year? :|

Anyone looking for a co-driver? :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
HS should be a lot of fun...

Right now, we've got Speed Theory + co-driver, me, Scott, Des, Wes, Clay (& son?), and Scott Bourne & Tom O'Gorman in Scott's Civic that plan to be there. That would put us at 10 and doesn't include some regulars like Joe Austin and Jeff Jacobs.

Clay, you got any more Alabama guys that you can talk into making the trip? Is Ron Foley still around? How about the guy that has a Mini and used to have an STS Neon?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ryan Davies is the name, just for future ref. Kurt Daniels is my co-driver.

Hopefully we'll be bringing the flat-screen and PS2 for some GT4 action with Chike et al in the off-time. Hopefully the generator isn't TOO loud ;).

·
Registered
29 Posts
[quote author=SpeedTheory link=topic=134083.msg2884789#msg2884789 date=1232696003]
Ryan Davies is the name, just for future ref. Kurt Daniels is my co-driver.

Hopefully we'll be bringing the flat-screen and PS2 for some GT4 action with Chike et al in the off-time. Hopefully the generator isn't TOO loud ;).
[/quote]

I'm in for that. Hell, I may be convinced to bring my PS3.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=steverife link=topic=134083.msg2884546#msg2884546 date=1232685365]
HS should be a lot of fun...

Right now, we've got Speed Theory + co-driver, me, Scott, Des, Wes, Clay (& son?), and Scott Bourne & Tom O'Gorman in Scott's Civic that plan to be there. That would put us at 10 and doesn't include some regulars like Joe Austin and Jeff Jacobs.

Clay, you got any more Alabama guys that you can talk into making the trip? Is Ron Foley still around? How about the guy that has a Mini and used to have an STS Neon?
[/quote]

Ron purchased my 97 Neon ACR and is doing really well in Rallycross. His Mini is also for sale. Another Mini driver might come that is very fast (if he can get some tires beforehand). My son has started college and might not get to come that weekend.

I also have 2 or 3 extra 17in 5 spoke factory 3 wheels (04-06) that I could probably bring if someone would like some extra autocross wheels. How does $50 each sound?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I may make it, depends on if I feel I can afford the new hoosiers.
If money werent an issue, Id be there for sure because I want to go, it was fun last year and I drove like shit and my car wasnt setup as well as I got it by the end of the season.
Also need to not hit a cone at the finish line! argh....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=134083.msg2932104#msg2932104 date=1234462663]
only 2 in DS, im not feeling motivated to make this trip right now
[/quote]

3 in DS now, only 1 in GS. but 10 in HS!

·
Registered
498 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=134083.msg2932104#msg2932104 date=1234462663]
only 2 in DS, im not feeling motivated to make this trip right now
[/quote]

I think Jesse Naughton is trying to put two people in his Hype Arrgh.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
looks like feinburg got his codriver to sign up. still need a few more to make a class, hopefully someone shows up soon.
In toledo there are only 3 of us signed up in DS and the event is full.
looks like a bad year DS participation

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
hrm... 4 people signed up in DS
starting to think I might not make the trip.
still dont have tires, still need to figure out the part number to the upper bearing pieces that sit on top of the front upper spring seats. are the parts used in the front shocks identical with the exception of spring rate and shock dampening? MSM doest have a part break down for ms3, but they do have one for the mz3

and last but not least, I have a broken windshield which I need to figure out how to get replaced.
automatic windshield wipers are gonna jack the price up I bet and in RI we have no glass coverage offered via insurance.

bah

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=134083.msg2953806#msg2953806 date=1235326636]
hrm... 4 people signed up in DS
starting to think I might not make the trip.
still dont have tires, still need to figure out the part number to the upper bearing pieces that sit on top of the front upper spring seats. are the parts used in the front shocks identical with the exception of spring rate and shock dampening? MSM doest have a part break down for ms3, but they do have one for the mz3

and last but not least, I have a broken windshield which I need to figure out how to get replaced.
automatic windshield wipers are gonna jack the price up I bet and in RI we have no glass coverage offered via insurance.

bah
[/quote]

Scott,

MSM schematics reference turbo and non-turbo in the schematics for all the 3's. If you don't see a turbo part number then it is probably the same piece.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.