Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had mine in for a while. Been monitoring my boost levels and noticed a few things i wanted to share/ask the group about. So when i first put it on I was seeing the usual limiting of 1,2,and kinda 3. 4th would spike around 16 and settle in around 14, 5th about 2 psi higher, and 6th would spike at 18-19 and hold at 17. (this is all with dsc off).
Now that ive got the intake in i am seeing spikes in 6th of 21 and then it barely drops to 18, this is while im running thru the gears consecutively. Anyone else seeing spikes this high? Oh and if i reset the ecu, the spikes and settled levels usually drop about 1 lb or more. But if i run it hard they seem to come back up.
Any comments?

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I noticed right after I installed the intake I was hitting the 18-19's after it settled as well. I was surprised but I loved it. It would ping off 20 and then settle around 17-18 in 5th and 6th. 3-4th I'm getting like 14-16. and first is like 10 or something..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is my ProSport Elec gauge off?
It reads about 23 vacuum when at idle.. and when the car is off (but in ACC) it will not rest at 0, more like -3 vacuum.
Is that normal? Or is mine off by like 2psi?

·
Registered
23 Posts
[quote author=TheWesMan link=topic=70848.msg1258199#msg1258199 date=1173455098]
Is my ProSport Elec gauge off?
It reads about 23 vacuum when at idle.. and when the car is off (but in ACC) it will not rest at 0, more like -3 vacuum.
Is that normal? Or is mine off by like 2psi?
[/quote]
I know that some gauges need to be zeroed to the atmospheric pressure in the area where you drive your car, meaning that the initial pressure needs to be adjusted with the car off and no pressure in the intake manifold. Ask the gauge manufacturer if this is the case.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glenn at ProSport:
1) Their is no way to calibrate the gauge. Keep in mind each car is slightly different even in the same line. other things like weather and altitude affect it too.
weak.

·
Registered
708 Posts
don't sweat it. mine reads a tick down below 0 when the gauge is not powered on.

since I'm using a mechanical boost gauge, I have high confidence in the readings when its turned on.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I get -21 vacuume at idle with these. it was 19-20 with the mechanical stewart warner. The electronic seem to be more accurate reading at the 1-5psi level at part throttle though. On my old ones I would hear turbo spool slightly but no boost reading, now its a smooth transition from vacuum to boost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts