Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've never owned a car worth waxing before today but I'll be trying the zaino products.

link to a thorough comparison test here between:

Zaino Z-2 Show Car Polish - $12.95 per bottle
Zaino Z-1 Show Car Polish LOK, "Pre-Cleaner and Gloss Conditioner" -$8.95 per bottle
Zymol NSX Glaze - $144.00 per jar
Zymol HD-Cleanse - $25.50 per bottle
Meguiar's Gold Class, Liquid Clear Coat Car Wax - $12.95
Zymol Natural Liquid Auto Polish - $20.00

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think Jaguar gives you a bottle of Jaguar wax that's like $85 bucks or something. Buying a $50K+ car, they should be giving lots of things. :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Turtle Wax?
That's what I use.

Anyone used Mother's wax?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I hear good things about Mothers.... the expensive stuff tho.

Zymol is always in my bag-o-goodies

·
Registered
117 Posts
S100 Motercyle Wax(exact same thing as PS100 car wax, just $10 cheaper) available at any harley store, Dallas Auto show was the only wax to get a score of a 10....anything with Carnuba is going to be cood enough

·
Registered
177 Posts
So is Armor All crap ??????? or okie cuz they seem to be a bit cheaper than the other products listed?

·
Registered
117 Posts
armor all is alright, they do make a few carnuba waxes, that's going to be the main thing you want to look for, it's going to be your best defense from sun damage aside from garage and/or car cover

·
Registered
396 Posts
i heard Mequiars Deep Crystal is good

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went and bought a bottle of Zymol waterbased wax for 19CAD

that's expensive for a small bottle of wax but consider it did an excellent job, I am not coplaing....now my M3 is as smooth as a baby's rear :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have both Mothers and Mcquires in my Garage. Hands down (IMO), the Mothers product is far superior. I found Mcguires difficult to apply and very short lived - someone recommended that I go with McGuires at one point - never should have listened.
That being said, McQuires does make a very good swirl remover (McGuires #9) available at most trim/detail shops

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yea al ot of my buddies use mothers ont heir show cars..

·
Registered
43 Posts
what about the options that the dealer may offer you like envirosheild (and other such products)- are they any good?

our last Toyota (sold and went to a land cruiser) got pooped on and left a nice acid mark (we then got envirosheild and it was much more resistant).

Just wondering how they compare to waxes.

Im just really getting in to all this stuff (Im the one pushing for the MZ3) so Im learning lots of new stuff about car care and maintenance.

5 Star Shine looking interesting, but since the website was making it sound like the cure to all mankind’s woes I was some what sceptical, and rightly so!

On an unrelated note, Im very happy that mum wants a car with 'spoliers and stuff'.. lol. Gives me hope that I might get the SP23 (for us aussies) Yay!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just put on the Mother's three step wax on the weekend. It's a lot of work, but worth the effort, the shine was great.

I took it out and it, of course, started hailing :twisted:

then snowing :twisted: :twisted:

but once the car dried off, it was still great

definately would recommend

1 - 20 of 73 Posts