1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes 1998 sunfire has about had it.

We are looking for new or sued cars for aroun 12k$

any suggestions would be great.

Right now we have our eyes set on a nissan altima 2.5s, she wants a 4 door. A mazda 3 might be good it we can find an auto and get a decent price but we shall continue looking.

Well here's what she is looking for to help set some guidline. Good fuel efficency good reliability good crash test. Around 12k$ auto trans power locks and windows.

If i've missed anything let me know and ill expound.

ty

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found one from enterprise. I'll probably call nick at rosenthal up in tysons and see if they don't have any. I love my 3 to death. :) But I could get tired of driving, if both dd's were 3's lol. We will see what happens. We are waiting for our economic stimulus money and about 800$ to make a 2,000 down payment and a trade in on her sunfire. (which is payed off) O yeah a one more major thing my wife has scoliosis... certain seats will cuase major back pain. The 3 doesnt do so bad. I think the altima has heated seats which will be great because they act like heating pads. and the car is 12k$

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o man il i live near d.c. but hey lol. its a good price bracket i can hold to other dealerships feet.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=chickmod link=topic=109443.msg2258703#msg2258703 date=1209000658]
I'm curious, why did you get a 2007 new car, but she gets a used car?
[/quote]

we were expecting her sunfire to last so we bought a accord... from her friend for 4,000$ lol a 1999 with 80k miles. She lieks it its only to tide her over for about a year. We got me a 3 because the easier finance of new cars. :)

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Do you need space?

My wife and I need a car with a bit more space because of the whole kids thing, and my wife wants something with sliding doors. I am anti-minivan...mostly because I don't want to drive one. I am trying to twist my wife's arm into a Mazda 5 next year. I think I have her fairly well convinced. Good milage, a lot more space then her Forester (and I bet my wife would be getting at least 1-2mpg better on average then her forester and I could probably manage 2-3mpg better), the sliding rear doors, some style, some slick handling and brakes. Maybe it lacks in acceleration, but I'll still have my 3.
-Matt

·
Banned
13,838 Posts
[quote author=azazel1024 link=topic=109443.msg2259673#msg2259673 date=1209039758]
Do you need space?

My wife and I need a car with a bit more space because of the whole kids thing, and my wife wants something with sliding doors. I am anti-minivan...mostly because I don't want to drive one. I am trying to twist my wife's arm into a Mazda 5 next year. I think I have her fairly well convinced. Good milage, a lot more space then her Forester (and I bet my wife would be getting at least 1-2mpg better on average then her forester and I could probably manage 2-3mpg better), the sliding rear doors, some style, some slick handling and brakes. Maybe it lacks in acceleration, but I'll still have my 3.
-Matt
[/quote]
just turbo that mazda 5. Youll have the most pimpin mz5 evar!!! I'm anti-minivan myself.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
[quote author=agm_ultimatex link=topic=109443.msg2259679#msg2259679 date=1209040082]
[quote author=azazel1024 link=topic=109443.msg2259673#msg2259673 date=1209039758]
Do you need space?

-Matt
[/quote]
just turbo that mazda 5. Youll have the most pimpin mz5 evar!!! I'm anti-minivan myself.
[/quote]

No turbo, half the reason I like the Mazda 5 is because it gets pretty decent milage, especially compared to minivans and medium SUVs out there.

Of course if the Mazda 5 has the 2.5l MZR engine that is anticipated in the 3 and 6 that would be really nice. An extra 15-20hp and 10-15lb-ft would be really nice in the car and the slightly increased milage that is expected would also not be unwelcome.
-Matt

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I'm sure you could find some good deals on a Fusion or even a new Focus... especially an 07.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eventually space but we dont have kids yet.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I hate it when my boyfriend looks at a minivan on the road and is like look sweetie thats your future car. I swear I give him the biggest look of the death. He said if I ever had the soccer mom van that he would make it look nice and turbo it for me lol we shall see if that really happens. I dont roll in a minivan though...NO WAY! CX-9 for me....

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[quote author=Phantom3 link=topic=109443.msg2260365#msg2260365 date=1209055080]
I hate it when my boyfriend looks at a minivan on the road and is like look sweetie thats your future car. I swear I give him the biggest look of the death. He said if I ever had the soccer mom van that he would make it look nice and turbo it for me lol we shall see if that really happens. I dont roll in a minivan though...NO WAY! CX-9 for me....
[/quote]

I'm leaning more towards a suv for my wife, at least more so than a van. she likes the cx-9 too. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
[quote author=Ultima link=topic=109443.msg2260706#msg2260706 date=1209060070]
[quote author=Phantom3 link=topic=109443.msg2260365#msg2260365 date=1209055080]
[/quote]

I'm leaning more towards a suv for my wife, at least more so than a van. she likes the cx-9 too. :)
[/quote]
The CX-9 is great! You can get a 2007 used for like 26K(expensive considering your cap) OR a CX-7 for like 18K.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts