Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know about the stealthbox which goes in the compartment where the jack is kept right? but what about under the passanger seat. has anyone successfully put a sub under there? maybe even one of those 6 inchers from eD

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well, there's already a factory sub there on some models, so sure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? im an idiot haha. bose systems im assuming? how big is the bose sub?/how big of a sub can fit?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Crutchfield says its 5 1/4". Dunno if you could fit anything bigger there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
CDT makes some big XMax 6 1/2" drivers that can be used as subs. The new wave will be using the low profile subs that are slim mounting. Earthquake has a bunch. An 8" er will need something like .20 cuft sealed. Some creative fiber glassing and your there. I will be looking at building something like that for my new 3. I do not want some huge box in the back of my hatch. I need the room still. I guess it depends on how much bass you want. I hope the new drivers I put in the front doors will make up a good portion of midbass. I Just missed out on a pair of CDT Hd M6 drivers. I hear they are great for adding that midbass up front. That would take a load off the amount of subs you need. IMO...Yes I want stealthy but better sound.

·
Registered
402 Posts
CDT Drivers are great, but will not compensate for a dedicated sub. I had the HD6 / M6 and now the ES-07 with the ES-200 upstage DRT 25/26! The ES-07 kills the two aforementioned speakers on every level. The HD6 sounded good, the M6 less defined but wuth more midbass, the ES-07 is like both together, great midsbass and extended midrange.

In my opionion the M6 would work best in a 3-way setup. I used the JL 300/2 to run all the above.
Right now I have the HD-6 w/memephis m-class silks run by a jl 300/2 and the fronts are the CDT ES-07 with the DRT 25/25 US-200 upstage run by a jl-300/2 and the Boston G5/GTR 12" sub by JL 500/1 & alpine single din center with an xtant 100/1.

Hu is the Alpine D106 / H701 DSP

·
Registered
435 Posts
heres my deal. currently i have a 12inch sub in my hatch area and dont like the space i am loosing. and i dont need that much bass.

my idea is to remove the OEM false floor and cargo tray. then build a new false floor out of 1/2inch MDF and attach a .5cf sealed box to the back of it. and surface mount the sub and put a grill over it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here is what I did. This is an older pic some amps have changed going all old school SS(Currently have SS Rubicon 202, Rubicon 702 and soon rubicon 1002) and it is carpeted now. Also an amp rack is being built with amps straight across which will allow more floor space

1 - 8 of 8 Posts