Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally replaced all my motor mounts. Was pretty time consuming but overall not bad. The most difficult parts were removing the coolant overflow tank and the bottom mount.

Unfortunately I snapped one of the outter 4 studs that surround the center bolt for the transmission mount. Anyone have experience replacing these?

The car runs fine and the other 3 studs are nice and secure. But does anyone have any advice or suggestions on replacing the stud?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd consider a left-handed drill bit to back it out; or, if you can see the end of the bolt from the other side, and there's clearance, one could use a right-handed drill bit to push it out. (It's been a while since I changed mine, so I don't remember which bit would be better-suited. Uploading a photo might be helpful.

Edit: I see now you're talking about a stud, not a bolt. Would you upload a photo of the damage? Still, you may be looking at drilling it out, tapping it, and putting in a bolt or new stud.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Hood
Unfortunately, the damage is covered because I needed to start using the car again. However, here is a picture with, essentially, the same damage. It's one of the studs around the perimeter. In the attached picture, the stud in the top left is snapped off, which is what happened to me. It looks like it'll be relatively straightforward but input helps.

Also, looks like I need to edit the title!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts