Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which fluid has everyone had the best experience with so far? I really do hate the automatic transmission in my car. Like others, mine doesn't shift smoothly. The 1 to 2 shift is the worst, the rest aren't too bad, but still noticeable sometimes. This car would probably be perfect with a manual in my book. I have been running Amsoil ATF. I thought I'd try some Castrol Mercon V (just a drain and refill), and I really didn't notice anything. I might just go back to the Mazda fluid just in case something ever happens while I'm still in warranty.

What do you guys like the best as far as shifting quality? Castrol? Mobil 1? Mazda OEM? Something else?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I've been using mobil1 and it works good, next time I change it...I'am going to try castrol mercon v and see how that works. I change trans fluid every 10k and have not had 1 problem with my trans. I've only changed the trans filter once at 50k....I'll do it again at 100k.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I'm much happier with the Mobil 1 synthetic ATF than I was with the OEM fluid. Haven't changed it more than once though, so I haven't tried anything else.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i would suggest staying with the Amsoil fluid, just make sure that you get a tranny flush and not just a drain and refill as it wont get all the old fluid out of the transmission. Using Amsoil ATF you would only have to change your oil once every 50,000 miles under severe usage, or 100,000 miles under normal usage. I would personally just do the 50,000 miles for peace of mind. and dont forget to change your filter too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts