Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my bumper-to-bumper warranty has expired (i'm at 36.5k miles now), I've started to get the smoking turbo issue.

If I take my car in to the dealership, will this be something covered under the powertrain warranty that's still in effect for my '07 MS3?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I just take my car into the dealership and tell them my car smokes a lot when it's idling, or can I mention something about the smoking turbo issue(s) I've been reading up on on here?

What's the best approach to get them to hone in on the smoking turbo issue?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Tell them of the problem, they should be aware of it. If not, let your car idle till it smokes. Then let them try to deny there is an issue.

·
Registered
865 Posts
FYI mazda Canada covered mine even with my Intake and TBE on.

But before you take it in to have the turbo replaced check to see if the engine is overfilled with oil, and replace the PCV valve to see if that takes care of it. Apparently those two things can cause some smoking too from what I’ve heard….

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
We went stock to our dealer, 46K miles on our CX-7. After 20minutes idling,whitish gray smoke poured out the tailpipes. Mazda USA's website shows the turbo covered,if they give you any shit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts