Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres one for Mazda... stop including a cigarette lighter and ashtray in all your cars! Save a few bucks or put that money saved into a 12V power outlet in the cargo area and offer a smokers pkg as a DIO.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dinu01 said:
I need it:

Ashtray - to put coins in it
Lighter - to charge my cell phone

Unlike Honda that chages you $$$ for a cigarette socket, Mazda offers it standard.

And no I don't smoke.
yes agreed on both, but the ashtray area could be bigger and not be made of the melt-proof plastic... and the lighter element doesn't need to be there, just the outlet with a cap on it like in the MZ6 centre console.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zaimon said:
A 120v outlet would be really convenient.
ya that would be cool to have... not a feature that has caught on yet with any other OEM other than Toyota/Lexus.

WRT to the smokers pkg, i was just reading the B-series order guide and Mazda did exactly as i suggested, they deleted the lighter and ashtray from standard equipment for 2004! Now move that deletion on down the rest of the line Mazda! :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ccall48 said:
WRT to the smokers pkg, i was just reading the B-series order guide and Mazda did exactly as i suggested, they deleted the lighter and ashtray from standard equipment for 2004! Now move that deletion on down the rest of the line Mazda!
maybe where you come from... but the one i took delivery of last week still has it :p

as dinu01 says, i agree

you gotta have an ashtry and lighter... even if you dont smoke, coins for parking meters, tolls etc... lighter socket for charging mobiles etc...
well yes the socket is for charging cell's... but the element piece is the part that can be deleted, not the whole socket...
and as for the smokers pkg in the B-series.. i'm talking about North America, not Australia where i assume you are from as your sig says you are waiting for an SP23 :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.